Where do coloured eyes in horn Africans come from?

A lot of Cushite history has been stolen by people who have no business claiming it. It's a little annoying knowing that tbh.

The ancient Kushites (Kasu) were essentially a Saharan population that shared affinities with the Nubians, Nara, Kunama, Toubou, Taman and the various tribes in Darfur.

The Medjay and the people of Punt were the 'Cushitic' populations in that period, but Kush was Saharan.

Last edited:
Wait this is actually very interesting. Do you have a source that I can read on it? And where in sudan was this Æthopia

A primary source on this is from the works of Hesiod:

The lower parts of the country on either side of Meroê, along the Nile towards the Red Sea, are inhabited by Megabari and Blemmyes, who are subject to the Aethiopians and border on the Aegyptians, and, along the sea, by Troglodytes (the Troglodytes opposite Meroê are a ten or twelve days' journey distant from the Nile), but the parts on the left side of the course of the Nile, in Libya, are inhabited by Nubae, a large tribe, who, beginning at Meroê, extend as far as the bends of the river, and are not subject to the Aethiopians but are divided into several separate kingdoms. The extent of Aegypt along the sea from the Pelusiac to the Canobic mouth is one thousand three hundred stadia. This, then, is what Eratosthenes says

Aethiopia was the kingdom of Kush.

Last edited:
Cataracts

my grandmother AUN had blue eyes in one of her photos, i think her eye sight was bad because of it.
Almost every Somali elder have these grey looking eyes. It's some sort of disease/disorder, forgot what it's called.
View attachment 196435
You're one of the few people that know that 'Ethiopia' essentially stole its name from an ancient Greek term that referred to a Sudanese kingdom.

To the ancient Greeks, the ancient Sudanese were known as Aethiopians -> burnt faces, and this was in reference to ancient Sudanese -- not so called 'Ethiopians'.

Ancient Sudan (Aethiopia) is mentioned over 30+ times in the Bible, but it was known to the Aramaic speaking Hebrews as Kush; and when the Bible was translated into Greek from Aramaic, the Greeks used their term (Aethiopia) to refer to this Sudanese kingdom with its capital at Meroe.

Modern day 'Ethiopia' was known by it's own name prior to the advent of Christianity -> Aksum; when it became a Christian State, it changed its name to Ethiopia in the 4th Century in order to associate itself with ancient Aethiopia (Sudan) -- the one mentioned in the Bible.
My grandma has purple eyes. The colored eyes is due to bad eyesight and old age.

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
=

cataracts

Arcus senilis = halo. It didnt appear you were describing this

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Grey eyes doesn't equal cataracts.

This is what I was describing
20210808_131509.jpg

Not this

20210808_131709.jpg

So it's Arcus senilis, I probably used the wrong wording when I said it was a disease and that confused you so my bad.

Som

VIP
The Habesha have it because they're not really African. They're Semitic people who mixed with the natives. The came in, and made Abyssinia, replacing the Cushite natives.

In fact, the real Ethiopia is Sudan. But y'all ain't ready for that conversation.
History , linguistics nd genetics prove that habeshas are cushites with some more semitic admixture who adopted semitic languages. Amharas are basically Agaws who switched to a semitic language , amharic has many cushitic words the entire substratum of the language is cushitic

World

VIP
Rare in somalis never seen one with coloured eyes, more common in habeshas as I’ve seen a few with coloured eyes.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Sometimes the melanin doesn't produced, which turns the eyes blue, but green and light brown is rare, which indicates a mutation or genetic throwback

Trending

Latest posts