When will Garacad be fully functional like Bosaso?

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Depth is also is important
So that bigger ships can come in

There’s no point in having bigger ships come in if there’s no capacity to store their containers.

Most bigger ships carry containers nowadays, so we need to have the ability to accomodate it or it’s useless.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Is Garacad a deep sea port or a shallow port?

I believe it’s a deep sea port.

But there’s no point in that if it cannot adequately deal with container ships.

I just hope they install some proper cranes and warehouses. Also, if the road to Galdogob isn’t dual-carriageway, may god save us wallahi.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
This is what I am talking about, vis a vis cranes:

23EC09BF-2417-4F44-98CC-320DB7B5C7FB.jpeg

These type of cranes are in any major port including Djibouti and Berbera.

All that is needed is maybe one or two cranes, dual-carriageway road and some warehouses.

The Harti expansion is taking hold, we will be moving all the way down to Hobyo next. I hope the Puntland government pushes people to live in the edges of Hartia so we can grow.

Long Live Hartia!

Excellent. Looks good and strategically well placed . I hope the future city will be well planed with its different sections. Btw How is the weather in Garacad ?

The Weather in Garacad is nice mild windy city never gets above 85F.
Wind eletrical power generation should be next.

This is a first stage of Garacad, it can and will be expanded due to volume. I just hope it remains 100% Somali owned.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
Garacad port will greatly increase trade between the clans of central Somalia going into DDSI. More trade=more common interests=more money and less buuq.

I support it whole heartedly, may the good people of mudug see peace and growth with this project inshallah

For reer galmudug users:
@Galmudug-State @Bariire @Kulmiye
If garacad port is already being built why build a major port at hobyo? Garacad will take the galkacyo-galdogob-central DDSI corridor meaning hobyo port would have to compete with a bigger port in a more strategic position, likey only recieving south galkacyo traffic due to clan relations. Reer galmudug should instead invest in a port at mareeg, once security is handled of course. This would single handedly restore relations between wacaysle and galmudug, entice the citizens of ceeldhere, ceelbur and the rest of south GM to deny shabab by the potential money to be made, and create a mareeg-ceeldhere-ceelbur-dhusomareeb corridor which will not only bring vast wealth but also bring the people of galmudug together.

Trending

Latest posts