when was the first historical mention of somalis

Status
Not open for further replies.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
this is about the first historical mentions of the word somali, the first time somalis where ever mentioned

the only time somalis ever came out was after the spread of islam, then the major dynasties came out after
before then the region hosted the aksumite empire and their was no metnion of somalis inhabiting the region only aksumites

my theory is Somalis like the other cushites agaw sidama afar and others where under the aksumite dynasty a habesha kingdom who where agaw cushites that adopted the ethio semitic languague and culture through heir exchanges with the sabaens whom they eventually conquered

i need some help on the first time Somalis where mentioned actual historical fact that can help in solving the mystery in the dounidng of this ethnic group

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
my theory is Somalis like the other cushites agaw sidama afar and others where under the aksumite dynasty a habesha kingdom
tenor.gif

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Somalis are just East Ethiopians. Our identity is recent. I'm an Eastern Ethiopian with a big forehead.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
In the past we were same but not Muslim pre Islam and we probably had a different name as an ethnic group

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Their are no records of somalis before Islam
It also explains why we didn't form kingdoms and empires like walashma adal ajuraaan

Also don't mention punt no record of it being ruled by somalis it also involves Eritrea and eastern an northern Ethiopia

It's more likely we were under aksum like all other Ethiopian cushites before Islam gave us independence from them and we evolved to become the people we are today

they knew about somalis pre islam. i just think the term somali was coined in 1400s to bring us together. there are mentions of somali clans by themselves like hawiye 300 years prior.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Somalis are just East Ethiopians. Our identity is recent. I'm an Eastern Ethiopian with a big forehead.
I would say where just Ethiopian cushites no different to the agaws bilen and habeshas who are western cushites, somalis along with sahos afars and oromos are eastern Ethiopian cushites

Somalis as a group came out after the introduction of Islam to the tigray muslims later called jeberti and somalis after the hijrah

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
they knew about somalis pre islam. i just think the term somali was coined in 1400s to bring us together. there are mentions of somali clans by themselves like hawiye 300 years prior.
Hawiya was mentioned after the introduction of Islam by famous Arab visitors

Never before that we where just a part of aksum just like the other lowland cushites like the sahos afars sidama oromos and us where all under the aksumites in the Highlands

Most of eastern Somalia around the northern parts including harar and diri dawa where all under aksum later Islam spread to dir somalis who built the Zeila mosque after the hijrah

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Ok too many errors @geeljire madaxweyne. Pre-Somalis were never part of the Axum Empire. This is the Axum map.

ethiopia500ad.jpg

Ancient Somalis had their own civilization known as the Somali city-states. They were independent from foreign powers.

ivBW85LtRhCq866LVP18vA.png

The system of the ancient Somali city-states.

A8_cNLTXTCCdqe5Ffou5RQ.png

The Somali peninsula was called Barbara region and was named after the Berbera city. They were distinct from the Axum.

ra9PVimhTmuqnSF_EA3ILw.png

We have our unique own history to be proud of. Stop claiming Habesh history.

Ok too many errors @geeljire madaxweyne. Pre-Somalis were never part of the Axum Empire. This is the Axum map.

ethiopia500ad.jpg

Ancient Somalis had their own civilization known as the Somali city-states. They were independent from foreign powers.

ivBW85LtRhCq866LVP18vA.png

The system of the ancient Somali city-states.

A8_cNLTXTCCdqe5Ffou5RQ.png

The Somali peninsula was called Barbara region and was named after the Berbera city. They were distinct from the Axum.

ra9PVimhTmuqnSF_EA3ILw.png

We have our unique own history to be proud of. Stop claiming Habesh history.
on crip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending