When the ONLF won in 1994 and proposed a referendum?!

''In February 1994, the Ogaden National Liberation Front, which had won elections by a 80% margin in the Somali areas of Ethiopia...decided to take advantage of Article 39 of the Ethiopian constitution by proposing a referendum on self-determination in the Somali state of Ethiopia. The TPLF-led government moved swiftly, removing the second regional president, Hassan Jire Qalinle, and his deputy from their posts on charges of corruption and neglect of official duties. Most of the regional administration was replaced later that year and a new EPRDF affiliate party, the Ethiopian Somali Democratic League, was formed by 10 non-Ogadeni political parties, with Abdul-Majid Hussein as its president.''
[Collective Punishment, PG 22]

''In February 1994, the Ogaden National Liberation Front, which had won elections by a 80% margin in the Somali areas of Ethiopia...decided to take advantage of Article 39 of the Ethiopian constitution by proposing a referendum on self-determination in the Somali state of Ethiopia. The TPLF-led government moved swiftly, removing the second regional president, Hassan Jire Qalinle, and his deputy from their posts on charges of corruption and neglect of official duties. Most of the regional administration was replaced later that year and a new EPRDF affiliate party, the Ethiopian Somali Democratic League, was formed by 10 non-Ogadeni political parties, with Abdul-Majid Hussein as its president.''
[Collective Punishment, PG 22]
Its good to see Tigray suffer for their treachery.
I want Afaworki too also suffer because he helped TPLF against us.

This is what happened when Tigray people who were once Marginalized and Abused by the Derg tasted power. The reason why I don’t sympathize with neither Amhara nor Tigray. The Abused became the Abuser and I predict same will happen with OLA to other communities if they come into power.

Trending