When the Majeerteen Sultanate aided Geri Koombe against Harar in the 19th century

Farm

VIP
nXzwkVA.jpg

@DR OSMAN @Yonis @Thegoodshepherd @FBIsomalia @π’π’šπ’’π’‚π’˜π’‚π’— π’Žπ’šπ’—π’—π’’
@Libaax-Joore @Maxamed bin Harti

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
And now, 130 years later, we have Oromo qashin in our lands, while they slaughter our Geri Koombe kin. We've failed our people.

Interesting, though I have to be honest in saying that I don't much about this specific war/conflic between Geri and Harar. The only thing I heard from my family, was that we fought alongside Hararis against Abyssinians, (but that's how far my memory extends regarding our relationships with Hararis). Since most Geri, at the time lived between Jigjiga and Harar and our Garaad had his seat in Harar, for quite some time. However, the help we received from MJ (or Hartis broadly speaking) is very known amongst us. The most help we received outside of DDS was through the northeast and costal area (i.e. PL), during major battlefield in modern time. I have to go and read more historical documents in this regard. Thanks for tagging me!

Interesting, though I have to be honest in saying that I don't much about this specific war/conflic between Geri and Harar. The only thing I heard from my family, was that we fought alongside Hararis against Abyssinians, (but that's how far my memory extends regarding our relationships with Hararis).

By Harar, its probably referring to the Habashi govenor there and his forces, since this occurs after Menelik captured the region

World

VIP
It says that they were gonna to march sn army to Berbera, Zella and Harar

mjs were dangerous people in the pre colonial age :mjlol:

the somali peninsula may have looked different if colonialism was delayed for another 50-100 years

TekNiKo

β€œI am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Boqortooyo waaye :rejoice:

Wish they never surrendered too Italy.

Trending

Latest posts