When I defended 🥊Abdis from an Ajnabi...

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
A few months back I had to Uber it to an appointment. The driver oddly knew I was Somali despite wearing a mask. He confided that he had many Somali friends that just so happened to be women. I think the gentleman was testing me when he blurted out of nowhere "Somali men are violent and abusive." I think he made a miscalculation as I'm not the type to feed into gender bashing. I categorically disagreed and told him that his mischaracterization was unfounded.

giphy.gif

He hilariously shot back with, "you're very attractive. That's why you have no problem with them; they must like you." 🤣

If someone is abusive, they aren't going to spare you a heavy hand just because you are attractive. Eventually, the mask will slip, and you'll find yourself black-and-blue and held captive for months, if not years, to a petty tyrant.

Collectively, Abdis don't appear to exhibit highly possessive behaviour. If that was embedded in our culture, honour killing would be a thing. Yet, it hasn't caught on.

How many times have I threatened their lives only to be met with a lukewarm response in return? Plenty. I might be the dangerous one. Maybe this is endemic of a culture where women are free to say what they want and travel unchaperoned.

During that encounter, I felt like the Twitterverse cascaded into the real world. I thought this dude was either a member or avid reader of SSpot threads. It seemed like a copy paste.

Defending my own was a matter of principle. How can anyone trust a person that openly condemns members of their ethnicity? If I'm going to vent, it won't be to the delightful ears of an ajnabi shamelessly simping and validating the experiences of a handful of embittered women. He also threw them under the bus with his accusations about them. So much for loyalty, huh. I even had to defend Halimo kind, but that story is for another time.

Cheers,

Soph

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
What a random thread, sis. Didn't take you for the type to make these sorts of threads. Entertaining nonetheless and I commend you for your loyalty to my kind. Now please just marry one of us already.

Joe Biden Reaction GIF

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
What a random thread, sis. Didn't take you for the type make these sorts of threads.

Joe Biden Reaction GIF

Wallahi this is a true story. I kept it filed away in the back of my head but was eventually going to report back my findings after enough time had elapsed. I'm trying to stay incognito.
giphy.gif

It takes a lot to stand up against nonsense like this. Most people would play along even if they don’t agree as people don’t like confrontation. I’m glad you told of that snake

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
It takes a lot to stand up against nonsense like this. Most people would play along even if they don’t agree as people don’t like confrontation. I’m glad you told of that snake

I'm proud of her for standing up for our image.
Everytime I do something good and someone asks for my nationality I make sure they know I'm Somali. If I f*ck up somehow I'm Ethiopian. Sorry, Horner bros.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
You have to be nice enough to the operator of a vehicle to safely arrive at your destination. I just used verbal judo to attack the rhetoric rather than the person. I assumed he was trying to be evocative because he wanted me to indulge in bringing them down. It was most certainly a test. And he realized I had more in-group loyalty than anticipated.
giphy.gif

I thought this behaviour was a touch feminine though.

I'm proud of her for standing up for our image.
Everytime I do something good and someone asks for my nationality I make sure they know I'm Somali. If I f*ck up somehow I'm Ethiopian. Sorry, Horner bros.
Thanks. I think most would have thought it was ridiculous. Though if I wanted to be an agent provocateur I could have siphoned for more intel. :ohhh:

You have to be nice enough to the operator of a vehicle to safely arrive at your destination. I just used verbal judo to attack the rhetoric rather than the person. I assumed he was trying to be evocative because he wanted me to indulge in bringing them down. It was most certainly a test. And he realized I had more in-group loyalty than he anticipated.
giphy.gif

I thought this behaviour was a touch feminine though.

Thanks.
It’s a snake move, but it must have worked for him before. It sadly works on black/Somali women with none black men. But the opposite doesn’t work. A black person cant approach none blacks and start talking about their people

Apollo

VIP
You should report him to Uber for anticushitism.

''Sir I won't stand for your reprehensible anticushitic tropes.''

:lol: Make this term a real word.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
It’s a snake move, but it must have worked for him before. It sadly works on black/Somali women with none black men. But the opposite doesn’t work. A black person cant approach none blacks and start talking about their people
That strategy doesn't work when the woman in question is self-assured. He must prey on women in a rough patch, with series of negative experiences and lowered morale. That's the general impression. I don't think he got the memo that his gal pals are a small crowd and not representative of all women. Similarly, just because he was bullied doesn't mean he should rant about them all.
Somali men are the best. We are very lucky to have them

I Love You Heart GIF by nobodies.
Agreed.

You should report him to Uber for anticushitism.

''Sir I won't stand for your reprehensible anticushitic tropes.''

:lol: Make this term a real word.
So we should co-opt the term like how Anti-Semitism chiefly refers to Anti-Yahud when it could extend to discrimination also experienced by other Semitic speaking groups? Anti-Cushitic could be a catchall for Anti-Somali. :lol:

Clearly this has been working on some low self esteem women. The confidence and the audacity is what pisses me off.
Even if you are angry at your own or have some low self esteem issues you shouldn't let an ajnabi put down your own... If you start having a relationship with this kinda person who has such low view on your people how would he treat you in the relationship, this is just what I'm thinking wallahi.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Should've agreed with him and trashed us. Would've made for a more interesting thread, could've been a plat too.

I bet they wouldn’t call us aggressive and abusive to our faces. The guy needed to be put in his place. Good job on defending our honor sophisticate. You’re a real one

Trending

Latest posts