When do you open up to a guy about *serious* things?

I think it would be dumb to open up to a talking stage. Should I just wait until we get serious and actually start talking and thinking about marriage.

You've told your mahrems right? The talking stage is when you should do this, otherwise you could end up catching feelings for a very unsuitable person.

Don't share things that are not necessary to share.

1. Never share insecurities
2. Never share sins you've committed. That's between you and Allah SWT, make istighfaar and move on.

Anything that will affect your marital life, share that when it is SERIOUS.

Donโ€™t trauma dump. If you need someone to talk about your deepest feelings, talk to your mum, your sister or get a therapist. No man wants a woman with excessive emotional baggage. Especially when it comes to mistreatment in the past, as heโ€™ll think youโ€™re the type to accept certain things.

Obviously within a marriage, your husband needs to be your best friend, but you donโ€™t need to tell him your past problems like your family struggles for example ect as partners have a knack of weaponizing that against each other, especially manipulative men, but that isnโ€™t something youโ€™ll find out straight away.

As for the talking stage, thatโ€™s a time in which you need to assess your partner to be and telling such a person your deepest failings and desires is inappropriate. Tell him what he has to know and what he deserves to know in order for him to able to assert if youโ€™re the woman he wants and thatโ€™s it.

Mudug_gyal

ุจู…ุง ูŠุฑุถูŠ ุงู„ู„ู‡ Feminist
Donโ€™t trauma dump. If you need someone to talk about your deepest feelings, talk to your mum, your sister or get a therapist. No man wants a woman with excessive emotional baggage. Especially when it comes to mistreatment in the past, as heโ€™ll think youโ€™re the type to accept certain things.

Obviously within a marriage, your husband needs to be your best friend, but you donโ€™t need to tell him your past problems like your family struggles for example ect as partners have a knack of weaponizing that against each other, especially manipulative men, but that isnโ€™t something youโ€™ll find out straight away.

As for the talking stage, thatโ€™s a time in which you need to assess your partner to be and telling such a person your deepest failings and desires is inappropriate. Tell him what he has to know and what he deserves to know in order for him to able to assert if youโ€™re the woman he wants and thatโ€™s it.
Sis we need ur utmost urgent help

Daydreamer

teetering in-between realities
You've told your mahrems right? The talking stage is when you should do this, otherwise you could end up catching feelings for a very unsuitable person.

Don't share things that are not necessary to share.

1. Never share insecurities
2. Never share sins you've committed. That's between you and Allah SWT, make istighfaar and move on.

Anything that will affect your marital life, share that when it is SERIOUS.
I feel like a man deserves to know some sins that a women commited in her past to know if she is compatible and vice versa. Like zina or infidelity (not saying op commits these things, just a general rule)

to be honest it's mostly women who use secrets and past arguments against guys keep that L
Iโ€™m sure women do since a lot of men have observed this, but men do though. Example, if a girl is from a single mother household or even a two parent one but she had family issues and then confides in a man, some will use that against her later on, branding her as unstable or having โ€˜daddy issuesโ€™ as a reason as to why they have issues currently in the relationship.

Daydreamer

Iโ€™m sure women do since a lot of men have observed this, but men do though. Example, if a girl is from a single mother household or even a two parent one but she had family issues and then confides in a man, some will use that against her later on, branding her as unstable or having โ€˜daddy issuesโ€™ as a reason as to why they have issues currently in the relationship.
I don't doubt that but more often than not, it's women who bring up past issues and insecurities. I'm sure that men do it but it's not as prevalent

I don't doubt that but more often than not, it's women who bring up past issues and insecurities. I'm sure that men do it but it's not as prevalent
I think men and women do it in different ways. Women are know to bring up past arguments and issues to the surface. I do believe itโ€™s prevelent for men to use womenโ€™s emotional trauma and brand them as โ€˜crazyโ€™ and use that for the reason why a woman is upset. Example, if you have a difficult family background, a man will use that to suggest youโ€™re the issue because of that. Itโ€™s more common to see men brand their partners as โ€˜crazyโ€™ or them to go on about โ€˜daddy issuesโ€™ and โ€˜emotional baggageโ€™.

NidarNidar

Punisher
I think it would be dumb to open up to a talking stage. Should I just wait until we get serious and actually start talking and thinking about marriage.
Just my two cents as a guy.

I highly recommend talking about your goals and plans, to see if they align with his, your insecurities should only be shared with those you love and trust, atm you're just talking, you don't need to show him your hand, stay mysterious and good luck.

also vet him and his family, use connections in his town, last thing you need is a rebranded Abdi.

Mudug_gyal

ุจู…ุง ูŠุฑุถูŠ ุงู„ู„ู‡ Feminist
I feel like a man deserves to know some sins that a women commited in her past to know if she is compatible and vice versa. Like zina or infidelity (not saying op commits these things, just a general rule)
Actually he doesnt according to islam.
IMG_3201.jpeg

You can gauge what type of guy he is off of speaking to him, is he someone you can trust and has principles?. If so open up gradually dont dump everything in one go, drop a little, see how he reacts and reassess accordingly.

Daydreamer

Actually he doesnt according to islam.
View attachment 321675
he doesnet need to know but you'd have to be a pretty scummy person man or woman to hide your past and pretend to be something your not, if you're only telling it to your significant other who won't expose it, then it's completely reasonable for the man or woman to ask. Sure it's good to hide your sins but you are advertising yourself to be something your not. What if this shows up, what if their past resurfaces and it blows up in your face or your significant other has another child somewhere or even worse. If you tell someone about your past, that does not mean that they won't marry you nor are they obliged to marry if they do know. It's basic human decency, also im a bit skeptical of islamqa in general but my point still stands.

Trending