When discussing politics in Somalia why are Somali women left out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Statistic show that in countries where women's conditions are good ex, education, job market and taking place in the parliament, the country becomes stronger & wealthier. Women make up around 51% of the worlds population. If we could incorporate women into our society we could stabilize Somalia much quicker. Women getting an education and making their own money would only contribute to our economy. In fact women getting jobs and having the opportunity to create and own their own businesses would only boost our economy to a very significant amount. If all women in Somalia worked i'm pretty sure poverty would not exists in Somalia. So how come when we discuss politics and and economy in Somalia we leave out 51% of our own population? Somali women not being included in the discussion only harms Somalia in the long run.

There are so many positive outcomes that come from women working. Housing income increases for family and it is a fact that women working decreases poverty!!

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
Thats nice just remember politics in Somalia is a dirty business. However saying that theirs a big need for fresh new ideas and people.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
Barni yarey do you want to get shot like Saado Cali:meleshame:

Stay in the kitchen babe it's for your own safety:kendrickcry:

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
Af somali ma takanid.

Takanid?:ftw9nwa: It's Taqaanid..

deenta gaalada? This type of mentality need to end! The key to ending it is through educating the people.

Yes it is deenta gaalada, we don't need daycare centres and naked women running around masjids protesting, that's what radical feminism brings, I bet you support FEMEN don't you?

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
Left out how and where in somalia, since there is like 6 administrations?
Bump
Barni can you answer the above questions and also what do you propose that can change so women can get political power\representation in somalia?

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Bump
Barni can you answer the above questions and also what do you propose that can change so women can get political power\representation in somalia?

State rebuilding is needed. To gt the most fair and equal state rebuilding we need women in the parliament. Women being able to participate in the government could impose huge changes for women in Somalia. They would more than likely be voting for laws that are good for Somali women. Second, distribution of wealth in the country. Distrubting money towards new starting female owned business is very important.Women bosses will more than likely hire women employees. Also tax reductions towards woman business could boost the amount of women that actually wanna start a business. Regulation and forced trancpary. Creating a law that stops men from discriminating women in the work place on top of that a law that requires a certian amount of female employees.

Also we need the women of Somali to get an education. Get acess to contraception. Show them that working instead of popping out 8 children is actually better for their income. And overall education the masses. Stigma is a huge problem. The stigma that followes women that have been raped, women that work, women like me who don't wear the hijab.

Sorry for the typos

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
State rebuilding is needed. To gt the most fair and equal state rebuilding we need women in the parliament. Women being able to participate in the government could impose huge changes for women in Somalia. They would more than likely be voting for laws that are good for Somali women. Second, distribution of wealth in the country. Distrubting money towards new starting female owned business is very important.Women bosses will more than likely hire women employees. Also tax reductions towards woman business could boost the amount of women that actually wanna start a business. Regulation and forced trancpary. Creating a law that stops men from discriminating women in the work place on top of that a law that requires a certian amount of female employees.

Also we need the women of Somali to get an education. Get acess to contraception. Show them that working instead of popping out 8 children is actually better for their income. And overall education the masses. Stigma is a huge problem. The stigma that followes women that have been raped, women that work, women like me who don't wear the hijab.

Sorry for the typos

Sound solid and well thought through:nvjpqts:
But i have to ask how big is your knowledge of somalia especially the different regions? because your ideas seem to be most needed in southern somalia.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Sound solid and well thought through:nvjpqts:
But i have to ask how big is your knowledge of somalia especially the different regions? because your ideas seem to be most needed in southern somalia.

Southern Somalia is where the main problem is right now. Before the war all the fous was in Xamar and during the war it was Xamar that was hit the most. Fixing Xamar could easily bring more peace to every other region. You may not like it but Xamar is the heart of Somalia

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
its not that i don't like it its that i guessed you was talking about the south because much of what you said has been implemented in the north like SL,PL where most tax payers are women, every where you go from store to khat its all run by women and these women are wadani who fund everything from piece talks to the soldiers bullets. Sure its a process but women are more empowered in the north than the south with many making a career in politics like Khadra geyd who became governor of Gabiley beating alot men in that election, like Asha Geele who ran presidency and came 4th 0r 5th and that shows you the political maturity in the north where geeljires will vote for a woman if she is the better option.

I can give many other examples on women's progress up north but list would be to long, but it shows you how the culture can make woman get whats their rights quicker and easier:nvjpqts: as for xamar being the heart i think that was never the case for anyone living north of Galkayo as people are busy taking care of their issues building their land up from the grassrots and they don't really see xamar as their capital but a clan capital.

Almost even states popping up in the north are funded and backed by mainly women like for example maakhir or khatumo whos leaders praise what they call guuuto kowaad and are keeping those admins alive.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
its not that i don't like it its that i guessed you was talking about the south because much of what you said has been implemented in the north like SL,PL where most tax payers are women, every where you go from store to khat its all run by women and these women are wadani who fund everything from piece talks to the soldiers bullets. Sure its a process but women are more empowered in the north than the south with many making a career in politics like Khadra geyd who became governor of Gabiley beating alot men in that election, like Asha Geele who ran presidency and came 4th 0r 5th and that shows you the political maturity in the north where geeljires will vote for a woman if she is the better option.

I can give many other examples on women's progress up north but list would be to long, but it shows you how the culture can make woman get whats their rights quicker and easier:nvjpqts: as for xamar being the heart i think that was never the case for anyone living north of Galkayo as people are busy taking care of their issues building their land up from the grassrots and they don't really see xamar as their capital but a clan capital.

Almost even states popping up in the north are funded and backed by mainly women like for example maakhir or khatumo whos leaders praise what they call guuuto kowaad and are keeping those admins alive.

Before the war Xamar was the heart. Most of them money was sent and distributed throughout Xamar. Most leaders where there. As a result Xamar became the most important city during the war, took the most beating and till this day Xamar is the most important city in Somalia. Can we get peace in Xamar, take out the war lords that have divided the city and are putting fear in the population and get a functioning system there we can spread out and become a united nation. The very reason the North is functioning so well is because of the fact that focus before the war never laid there. Hence all the tension being in Xamar and still being there.

I think it's great women in the North are taking charge. It's absolutely fantastic. But there's more work to be done. Women working is not the only topic. Women's health, women's right to their own anatomy and their right to take charge over their own agency are topics we need to discuss. My friend was in the North this fall and she was horrified by the sexual assaults she was facing.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
What are you talking about? The Government had (and also in previous cases) several female ministers, DG's, mp's etc Infact if I'm not mistaken, there was always a set number of women required in the TFG parliament too.

Just because there hasn't been a female President or PM doesn't mean they aren't politically active.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending