When did your relationship with Allah begin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was very young when I formed a bond with Allah SWT, Alhamdulilah.

I remember making duah for specific things and getting them all. It was magical for me, I realised that I had the power to control my destiny just by asking my creator.

What about you?

Cityviews

The Prodigy
Interesting thread,

For me as a child I didn't pray or make dua :lolbron:
to Allah frequently ( for myself), not because I didn't believe in it, but because I thought my life was fine, so why ask for more?I felt it was xasid to do that, again ignorance on my part as a child, I should have asked for stuff. I would pray for like poor people, and my family and shit.

I always had an innate sense of imaan and was a pious kid, if I had more knowledge of the religion then I would have prayed more.

I'd say when I became 12-13 I started studying Islam and became more of a conscious Muslim, as opposed to the unconscious Muslim child we all were once.

I remember being around 4 years old and my mom asked me to take my blanket out the dryer so I could use it to sleep, but I was so tired I just went up my bed and slept, it was a cold winter night, and i was shivering but so sleepy, I felt God put a warm busto on me, and it covered my entire body and parts of the bed, and it kept me warm for the entire night WALLAHI,.

As soon as I opened my eyes ( I laid in bed awake for a mins like we all do waking up) the blanket and the warmth evaporated. I was like :ooh:

I think that was my first sign of God being real/existing.:salute:

Cityviews

The Prodigy
I was very young when I formed a bond with Allah SWT, Alhamdulilah.

I remember making duah for specific things and getting them all. It was magical for me, I realised that I had the power to control my destiny just by asking my creator.

What about you?

What did you pray for? If you don't mind me asking.

Interesting thread,

For me as a child I didn't pray or make dua :lolbron:
to Allah frequently ( for myself), not because I didn't believe in it, but because I thought my life was fine, so why ask for more?I felt it was xasid to do that, again ignorance on my part as a child, I should have asked for stuff. I would pray for like poor people, and my family and shit.

I always had an innate sense of imaan and was a pious kid, if I had more knowledge of the religion then I would have prayed more.

I'd say when I became 12-13 I started studying Islam and became more of a conscious Muslim, as opposed to the unconscious Muslim child we all were once.

I remember being around 4 years old and my mom asked me to take my blanket out the dryer so I could use it to sleep, but I was so tired I just went up my bed and slept, it was a cold winter night, and i was shivering but so sleepy, I felt God put a warm busto on me, and it covered my entire body and parts of the bed, and it kept me warm for the entire night WALLAHI,.

As soon as I opened my eyes ( I laid in bed awake for a mins like we all do waking up) the blanket and the warmth evaporated. I was like :ooh:

I think that was my first sign of God being real/existing.:salute:

That is beautifully written. I felt that

tenor.gif

What did you pray for? If you don't mind me asking.

I wasn't as thoughtful as you as a child when making duah, regrettably.

I asked for material things. One of my asks, was a bike, I knew my family could not afford it so I wouldn't harass my parents.

I turned to Allah, I think it was at night and made duah.

Shortly thereafter, some random man offered a BRAND NEW bike to me whilst I was shopping with my father. He said it was at his house and nobody was using it. That's when I knew, Allah loved me and I loved Allah. :friendhug:

Last edited:
I’m spiritual but not practicing. I love Islam and I love learning about it but I try to do it on my own or with my family. Muslims tend to come off as forceful and a bit rigid so I don’t like it when people preach religion to me. It puts me off.

But don’t worry, I will never forsake the true religion of God. I just hope one day I’ll start practicing it by fasting and praying properly inshallah.

I’m spiritual but not practicing. I love Islam and I love learning about it but I try to do it on my own or with my family. Muslims tend to come off as forceful and a bit rigid so I don’t like it when people preach religion to me. It puts me off.

But don’t worry, I will never forsake the true religion of God. I just hope one day I’ll start practicing it by fasting and praying properly inshallah.

Remember, Islam is perfect- Muslims are not.

Unfortunately, we don't know when our time is up so we have to strive to strengthen our bond with Allah daily.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
I first started to learn about islam in 2010 and learnt a lot of new things than after that in 2017 I promised to change my ways and pray more often. initially I only thought to myself to only pray during ramadan and than not pray than I went to islamqa to see what they got to say about that and what scared me so much about their comment was that it is a hypocritical and a evil thing to only pray during ramadan and than stop praying after that. That's when I changed my ways immediately and alhamdulilah prayed all my prayers and fast ever since. I even now makeup all the years I missed my fast since is a debt from me that is due

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer
Of course but don't you think most Muslims have a story as to when they first realised Allah was real and not just something their parents told them?

The first time you 'felt' Allah's presence.
When I was a kid, I was grounded because I ate too much chips. My dad never hit me growing up. I was pissed off and started cursing everything. At one point I even cursed at Allah, subhanallah. It was something like “Oh I’d rather have the angel of death take me now, if he even exists.” The moment I did that, a shadow came out of my closet. Mind you I was alone, I could see it was the outline of a person. The shadow grew bigger and bigger. I bolted out of there and banged on my door. My dad opened it immediately and I apologized right there and then.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP

Just take it one step at a time. You don't have to go from 0 to 100. Ease yourself into it. Maybe go to Friday prayers every now and then. Even praying once in a while will do you some good.

Inshallah, you will graduate and excel in this life and the next.

Cityviews

The Prodigy
I wasn't as thoughtful as you as a child when making duah, regrettably.

I asked for material things. One of my asks, was a bike, I knew my family could not afford it so I wouldn't harass my parents.

I turned to Allah, I think it was at night and made duah.

Shortly thereafter, some random man offered a BRAND NEW bike to me whilst I was shopping with my father. He said it was at his house and nobody was using it. That's when I knew, Allah loved me and I loved Allah. :friendhug:

Mashallah, you got the bike :lolbron:

I am happy Allah answered your childhood prayer, but I do wonder, did you tell your parents afterwards it was a Dua, or did you keep it yourself?

Cityviews

The Prodigy
That is beautifully written. I felt that

tenor.gif

It was a beautiful experience! I think all children instinctively know that there is only 1 God, look at the story of Prophet Ibrahim pbuh as a child and his interactions with his father, about the idols.

Later on I'll tell you guys my first encounter with Shaytan, and how I knew the Devil/his soldiers were real.

:kodaksmiley:
:chrisfreshhah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts