When did we get the extra Arabian ancestry and which people gave it to us?

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
Was it the sabeans? Or was it the himyarites?
IMG_2611.jpeg

source:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
clearly long ago, (years ago to be specific)
some powerful arab traders from north africa
had intermingled with early east africans cushites.

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement
i wager that it’s the result of the ancestors of Somalis assimilating Ethio-Semitic speakers during their conquest of what’s now Somaliland.

the presence of Xaa & Cayn sounds in Af Soomaali and Cafar Af (Afar language) is a very Semitic feature while is non existent in closely related more southern Cushitic languages like Af Maay & Af Rendile. This points to a northern explanation for the sounds origin.

Both Afars & Northern Somalis acknowledged to have once had the extinct Harla People living in their territories. Could these people be the reason? Not much can be said yet without more excavations in Somalia, the Afar region, and Hararghe but as of now I’m in favour of this being the case. Too many puzzle pieces are fitting together for this to seem far fetched to me.

Last edited:

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
i wager that it’s the result of the ancestors of Somalis assimilating Ethio-Semitic speakers during their conquest of what’s now Somaliland.

the presence of Xaa & Cayn sounds in Af Soomaali and Cafar Af (Afar language) is a very Semitic feature while is non existent in closely related more southern Cushitic languages like Af Maay & Af Rendile. This points to a northern explanation for the sounds origin.

Both Afars & Northern Somalis have acknowledged to have once had the extinct Harla People living in their territories. Could these people be the reason? Not much can be said yet without more excavations in Somalia, the Afar region, and Hararghe but as of now I’m in favour of this being the case. Too many puzzle pieces are fitting together for this to seem far fetched to me.
I don’t think it’s due to ethio-semites because if we absorbed some of them then we would have some omotic ancestry since they’re admixed with omotic and it’s basically non existent in ethnic Somalis. I feel like it might’ve been from direct migration from Arabia

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement
I don’t think it’s due to ethio-semites because if we absorbed some of them then we would have some omotic ancestry since they’re admixed with omotic and it’s basically non existent in ethnic Somalis. I feel like it might’ve been from direct migration from Arabia
True that brings a issue to the table. It could be possible that these Harla’s were Ethio-Semitic speakers with partial Semitic ancestry but lacked the Omotic admixture found in Tigrinyas & Amharas.

Himyarite’s are also a very good guess. I remember reading somewhere that the Somali word for camel geel is a south Arabian loan words (forgot from where thought). This could’ve been from our proposed Himyarite ancestors?

NidarNidar

Punisher
That is true, I have very low Omotic 2.1% even though we border Ethiopia, I reckon on average, we have 4-5% ancestry from Yemenis/Omanis in the previous 2,000 years, and the Afar and Habesha/Tigray usually have up to 25% due to the Axums rule over Southern Arabia.

As you’ve mentioned before we would’ve had a significant amount of omotic dna if the Arabian was exclusively from an ethio-semitic source so a direct Arabian source makes the most sense

NidarNidar

Punisher
As you’ve mentioned before we would’ve had a significant amount of omotic dna if the Arabian was exclusively from an ethio-semitic source so a direct Arabian source makes the most sense
Most likely from intermarriage, if we can accept that our own mythology, every myth has a trace of truth, we have had remarkable relation with Yemenis and Omanis when he came to maritime trade for the previous 2,000+.

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
If you look at all the Arabian lineages in Somalis it all seems to be introduced around the same time period ~2500 years ago. It probably was from a Yemeni nomadic population that might have been expelled and ended up being absorbed by the Proto-Somaloids (this includes Maay,Rendilles,Jiddu etc). This Yemeni group was probably one of the earliest camel domesticators and probably introduced us to Iron technology.

I don't buy the Ethio-Semite diffused ancestry theory as we lack J-P56 (the dominant lineage of Ethio-Semitic Arabians), we lack Mota ancestry that accompanies it & the Arabian Ethio-Semites weren't nomads as they were probably Mountain farmer in Yemen like the modern Yemeni highlanders

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
Most likely from intermarriage, if we can accept that our own mythology, every myth has a trace of truth, we have had remarkable relation with Yemenis and Omanis when he came to maritime trade for the previous 2,000+.

I know we disagreed many times before. Not this time though
According to wikipedia this was written on Oman's Prehistory:

"At Aybut Al Auwal, in the Dhofar Governorate of Oman, a site was discovered in 2011 containing more than 100 surface scatters of stone tools, belonging to a regionally specific African lithic industry—the late Nubian Complex—known previously only from the northeast and Horn of Africa. Two optically stimulated luminescence age estimates place the Arabian Nubian Complex at 106,000 years old. This supports the proposition that early human populations moved from Africa into Arabia during the Late Pleistocene.[27]
In recent years surveys have uncovered Palaeolithic and Neolithic sites on the eastern coast. Main Palaeolithic sites include Saiwan-Ghunaim in the Barr al-Hikman.[28] Archaeological remains are particularly numerous for the Bronze Age Umm an-Nar and Wadi Suq periods. Sites such as Bat show professional wheel-turned pottery, excellent hand-made stone vessels, a metals industry and monumental architecture.[29]
There is considerable agreement in sources that frankincense was used by traders in 1500 BCE. The Land of Frankincense, a UNESCO World Heritage site, dramatically illustrates that the incense constituted testimony to South Arabian civilizations.
During the 8th century BCE, it is believed that the Yaarub, the descendant of Qahtan, ruled the entire region of Yemen, including Oman. Wathil bin Himyar bin Abd-Shams (Saba) bin Yashjub (Yaman) bin Yarub bin Qahtan later ruled Oman.[30] It is thus believed that the Yaarubah were the first settlers in Oman from Yemen.[31]"

That's a whole lot of early history that isn't mentioned.
Early East Africans settling and intermingling w/ others.
All around the Middle East and onwards, yh indeed there.

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
I know we disagreed many times before. Not this time though
According to wikipedia this was written on Oman's Prehistory:

"At Aybut Al Auwal, in the Dhofar Governorate of Oman, a site was discovered in 2011 containing more than 100 surface scatters of stone tools, belonging to a regionally specific African lithic industry—the late Nubian Complex—known previously only from the northeast and Horn of Africa. Two optically stimulated luminescence age estimates place the Arabian Nubian Complex at 106,000 years old. This supports the proposition that early human populations moved from Africa into Arabia during the Late Pleistocene.[27]
In recent years surveys have uncovered Palaeolithic and Neolithic sites on the eastern coast. Main Palaeolithic sites include Saiwan-Ghunaim in the Barr al-Hikman.[28] Archaeological remains are particularly numerous for the Bronze Age Umm an-Nar and Wadi Suq periods. Sites such as Bat show professional wheel-turned pottery, excellent hand-made stone vessels, a metals industry and monumental architecture.[29]
There is considerable agreement in sources that frankincense was used by traders in 1500 BCE. The Land of Frankincense, a UNESCO World Heritage site, dramatically illustrates that the incense constituted testimony to South Arabian civilizations.
During the 8th century BCE, it is believed that the Yaarub, the descendant of Qahtan, ruled the entire region of Yemen, including Oman. Wathil bin Himyar bin Abd-Shams (Saba) bin Yashjub (Yaman) bin Yarub bin Qahtan later ruled Oman.[30] It is thus believed that the Yaarubah were the first settlers in Oman from Yemen.[31]"

That's a whole lot of early history that isn't mentioned.
Early East Africans settling and intermingling w/ others.
All around the Middle East and onwards, yh indeed there.
Sounds like hotep nonsense and the username checks out. I’m pretty sure you are not a Horner let alone Somali

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
Sounds like hotep nonsense

nope, check the sources. It was directly quoted from Wikipedia.
but you seem to have a literacy problem. So let me say it simple:
"There once was Africans, that migrated out, to many regions.
Along the way, they intermingled with the others who accepted them
who later on intermingled back into Africa at a later time."

But then again, that was long ago, as now a days, African Horners
are getting shot on the (Certain) Middle Eastern borders. So now,
You can't say terrible troll babble when facts are being stated up.

Here's a rule of thumb when attempting to make intellect-debates.
- State a counter-fact that actually happened (verified)
- Explain the reasons the fact you're debating is wrong with correct information
- Be Logical (stop using your emotions son.) getchu some help.

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
nope, check the sources. It was directly quoted from Wikipedia.
but you seem to have a literacy problem. So let me say it simple:
"There once was Africans, that migrated out, to many regions.
Along the way, they intermingled with the others who accepted them
who later on intermingled back into Africa at a later time."

But then again, that was long ago, as now a days, African Horners
are getting shot on the (Certain) Middle Eastern borders. So now,
You can't say terrible troll babble when facts are being stated up.

Here's a rule of thumb when attempting to make intellect-debates.
- State a counter-fact that actually happened (verified)
- Explain the reasons the fact you're debating is wrong with correct information
- Be Logical (stop using your emotions son.) getchu some help.
Everything you said I can debunk. Just not putting that energy into a non-Horner j*reer lost in the sauce

Trending

Latest posts