When are archeologist gonna come to Somalia

Xeda

Formerly known as Ajansjana
Wallahi it pisses me off dadka be wondering why they can’t find punt yet are doing no archeology in the place why Pliny the elder literally said it was and before anyone comes in here and goes Somalia in dangerous the northern part ( mostly likely the heartland of punt) is safe im tired of other Africans or Yemenis claiming punt

Xeda

No one of that was interesting only the 16 corpses and those got destroyed smh there’s even grave robbers in somaliland destroying historical stuff and selling them they’ve been doing this since the 1980s it angers me so much, why is no one stopping this and trying to preserve our history?
It would be interesting to find out if those skulls were homo sapien and if we inherited some of their dna. They have been dated to about the last ice age I believe.

Xeda

It would be interesting to find out if those skulls were homo sapien and if we inherited some of their dna. They have been dated to about the last ice age I believe.
Yea the Holocene period the article wrote they managed the save some of the skeletons but the research on them hasn’t been published

Wallahi it pisses me off dadka be wondering why they can’t find punt yet are doing no archeology in the place why Pliny the elder literally said it was and before anyone comes in here and goes Somalia in dangerous the northern part ( mostly likely the heartland of punt) is safe im tired of other Africans or Yemenis claiming punt
IIRC, there was a Spanish team of archeologist that was doing work in the north. There was also a map showing how many ruins were found

IIRC, there was a Spanish team of archeologist that was doing work in the north. There was also a map showing how many ruins were found
Team of ****bags on Habshi payroll. They attribute literally everything they find to non-Somalis, and have been making all sorts of ahistorical claims about Zeila in the months and weeks leading up to the MoU. I have no doubt in my mind after reading their articles.

One particularly weird example was the mention of Queen Kola and the possible (not really, not at flipping all possible) Oromo origins of Abasa in Awdal. Nothing about the Somali style architecture or that it lay in verifiably historically Somali territory, just this oral tale. No nuance, what's that?

OP, f*ck foreign archaeologists, if I had it in me I'd ban all foreign historians and archaeologists (bar aDNA ones) from setting foot in Somali lands. They've only ever tried to discredit us by causing confusion and furthering their agendas. We need our own.

Nin123

Patriarchy is from Allah
VIP
They can come to puntland or Somaliland but for the south sadly they can’t go there cause the instability.

They can come to puntland or Somaliland but for the south sadly they can’t go there cause the instability.
That’s not necessarily true even the pre civil war most of there research was up north maybe due to more evident ruins there plus the Adal empires remnants being there

Trending