Whats your favorite architecture style?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
When I find myself in hotel lobbies with art deco , i get so mesmerized :banderas:

art-deco-lobby-cicada.jpg

Apollo

VIP
The reason why residential architecture is ugly these days is because it is purely functional and they don't want people to romanticize it like they do with the old buildings.

Neo-classical and baroque in the West and islamo-Persian in the east.

1200px-St_Pauls_aerial_%28cropped%29.jpg

Looking%20into%20the%20dome.jpg

400px-Masjid_Shah%2C_view_of_the_courtyard_by_Pascal_Coste.jpg

Isfahan_Imam_Mosque_Muqarnas.jpg

And for the fabulously wealthy empires/dominions such as the Mughal empire, you'll get something like this:

The+Taj+Mahal+-+19th+Century+Mughal+Painting.jpg

taj-mahal.jpeg

Ignoring the minor Hindu influence (octagonal flanked chattris), the Taj is a full on Persian style building that's more on the lavish side compared to their Iranian counterparts due to the use of inlaid semi-precious stones and marble facade.

TooMacaan

VIP
My favorites are Persian and Amazigh/Moroccan architecture but they've both been mentioned so I'm going to have to go with Fascist architecture.
I in no way support fascism but you can't deny the sheer brilliance of these works.:banderas: It's greater than the individual and provides unique perspective. Very humbling and underrated, imo.
fendi636__636.jpg

88ed285a55ba321d103703c8f8337ebb.jpg

italy5.jpg
4700774444_13ee8f761d.jpg
0034471_00_small.jpg

thumb.php

IMG_7407.JPG
IMG_7408.JPG
IMG_7409.JPG

I love North Africa coastal cities, I feel that we can transform our towns in similar styles. Just force the builders to use white paint and blue windows only. These images are from sidi bou said port Tunisia.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.