What's Your Business Investment Model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
How do you people decide on what you will invest in and what not?

I preferrably always assess the following factors!!!

1. Costs becuz they need to pay expenses and work out how much their bill increases or decreases as the years go by

2. Cost of living and how high it is to operate in the said place and it's changes

3. Suppliers and costs associated with it and it's impact on the business earnings

4. I compare profits over 3-5 year period, I do this to see if it's growing. If profits aren't growing and costs r rising u see the problem, u will be in the red soon.

5. I also always check cost of living in the city I am in and work how much my expenses are and it's predictable rise. I then compare the profits of the company and see how much it covers my expenses plus a good 'blanket' of growth. My aim is to cover my expenses plus my living costs with a good percentage on top of that 50-100% on top. So if my expense is 2k a month, I want 10k a month in profits and growing. I am outstripping my cost of living 10 times over.

6. I analyse the management and ceo, i research their resume and see they have added growth to a company before and what their plans are now. I want to see either they are cutting down on costs to operate(more profits) or gaining new markets(more profits). I am not to fuzzy how they go about it as long as it is proven to add to my bottom line. For example I would more likely invest with 60 year old CEO with a track record then some 20 something with no proof.

7. Finally I work out what signs to look for when things are going down and how I will get out with a high with my money. For example sell on the shares if I see it not growing above my cost of living anymore, it could be profitable but it isnt answering my needs anymore!!! no1 will buy something that has finally gone to death. So if my rate of return was 150% above my cost of living, I will start selling when its around 70% above my cost of living so someone else is attracted to it so I recoup my money invested and everything was just profit.

8. The type of sectors I get into would vary also. health related matters in the west is beneficial as they are aging. 3rd world it would be basic need stuff like food, water, etc. So it will depend what market I am in as to the sector I will go into. I will never invest in something that isn't proven either!!!

Finally, I don't go into stock-market if I don't have a baseline of capital that is worth it. If thousands of shareholders are sharing the profits, u only end up with crumbs unless your initial investment is large then the crumbs are bigger!!!

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
But in short my model is how much it is outstripping real life cost of living. Becuz technically i'll spend just to sustain myself and if my investment is only returning just to sustain myself, im not getting rich any time soon. I would prefer investing 30k into something and asking 30% return with a short period time, then sharing in the over-all profit yearly becuz as time goes on your cost to live and expenses combine and u get less out of the money as time goes on.

1 dollar today doesnt equal 1 dollar in 10 years, it wont take u as far if u get what i mean and hence ur fianncial health isn't much different to when u started!!!

Plus i would never actually open a business myself, thats all the risks on my shoulders. Plus I don't wanna waste my time working in a business, I want my money to work not my time n labor it would be no different to a job then and u don't get rich working!!!

I'd let someone else do that and open the business and cop the losses, i'll come in when it's proven and they need capital or investors!!!

Telecoms/Hawalas would be a good investment in Somalia. They are always on the phone and speaking to overseas and locally!!! I would work out the company who can deliver the service with the least operating cost!!! It will only be unattractive due to the number of shareholders and the more there is, the less you get back!!!

I would consider investing in a mechanic store. U would get heaps of customers from cars damaged by the road conditions, not many competition, not much operating cost for equipments!!! Beauty store would be a good one also

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Property I know lots get into this, but it's not my first investment choice. Property needs time u need to wait 30 years just to get a decent return it's OK as long-term investment but gee what u going to do in between!!! Good short term under 1 year investments with a solid rate of return above your investment amount plus of cost of living is far better financially!!!...if u started with 30k investment, and it became 50k in 3 months time thats your money back plus 20k extra!!! re-invest and re do it same terms and time duration. U made 80k clear in a year basically!!!

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
There is two ways to invest. U either want something back on what ya put in, a certain percentage on top of your invested amount or you want to take the risk and share in all profit at the end...first option is safe, u know what your getting back is fixed and predictable. The other one is risky but you could get more then you put in but also lose more depending on the company. So its a question of if u want a share in the profit or you want a fixed return on your investment!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending