What's wrong with Somali diaspora's?

Samira

Illuminated Xalimo
There is nothing wrong. We have the deen. We have our dhaqan. Who needs money when what you have is priceless <3

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Take a gander at the bottom of this list
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_groups_in_the_United_States_by_household_income

But to answer the question the thread is asking, it’s basically just really bad parenting. Somalis just plop them out for welfare and neglect them then coinflip if the child is retarded enough to be a criminal
I'm talking about the youth.. not their parents...obviously you don't just become successful while new to a foreign country.

Take a gander at the bottom of this list
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_groups_in_the_United_States_by_household_income

But to answer the question the thread is asking, it’s basically just really bad parenting. Somalis just plop them out for welfare and neglect them then coinflip if the child is retarded enough to be a criminal
That list isn’t really accurate considering most don’t give in their actual income due to wanting even more government help.

To answer your question it’s not exactly easy to arrive to the west as refugees from a war torn country and immediately expect them to be raking in the average income of people who have lived there longer than them. The jews were never this rich nor were Asians this well represented.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
bro when ur lagging behind Haitians that legitimately eat mud just low it
Huh:what1: First of all, I can't relate to the income part but I guess you like believing what's been posted in a website that can be edited. Too low IQ of you

Huh:what1: First of all, I can't relate to the income part but I guess you like believing what's been posted in a website that can be edited. Too low IQ of you

You’re right, let me pull out my clipboard and verify the facts on the ground. No more websites that aggregate data for me, oh no sir. I’ll be back in a few years once I’ve interviewed a statistical majority of American Somalis

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
You’re right, let me pull out my clipboard and verify the facts on the ground. No more websites that aggregate data for me, oh no sir. I’ll be back in a few years once I’ve interviewed a statistical majority of American Somalis
Stfu and cite a real source...not a source that's talking about the past and can be edited easily. Immigrants are doing great in this Land. If you have issues, then you can look at this one... it's only from MN.. not the whole US
https://wellshareinternational.org/somali-americans-support-economic-vitality-analysis-reports/

Somalis were refugees, displaced nomadic bumpkins from a war-torn country, man. We expected these socioeconomic trends. Give it two generations, and you'll see Somalis living outside ethnic enclaves, participate with the mainstream, with relatively average household income.

It’s been almost 3 decades since the civil war. There are 30 year old’s who were born and raised outside of Somalia. The “refugee” label is a cop out. Syrians who came not too long ago as refugees are thriving, yet we are still struggling as a community. Like a poster above me said, Somalis have now separated into two - the haves and the have nots. We aren’t as cohesive as we used to be.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
There is nothing wrong. We have the deen. We have our dhaqan. Who needs money when what you have is priceless <3
Deen is good. A dhaqan which leaves you poor is trash.
It flew over yer head son
It’s been almost 3 decades since the civil war. There are 30 year old’s who were born and raised outside of Somalia. The “refugee” label is a cop out. Syrians who came not too long ago as refugees are thriving, yet we are still struggling as a community. Like a poster above me said, Somalis have now separated into two - the haves and the have nots. We aren’t as cohesive as we used to be.
I'm just pissed at the second generation Somalis doing horribly. I can see improvements occuring but why in god's name did it occur in the first place.

In the case of Syrian refugees it's not really comparable tbh. Our nation's been fucked for 3 decades there's hasn't.

I'm just pissed at the second generation Somalis doing horribly. I can see improvements occuring but why in god's name did it occur in the first place.

In the case of Syrian refugees it's not really comparable tbh. Our nation's been fucked for 3 decades there's hasn't.
"here is nothing wrong. We have the deen. We have our dhaqan. Who needs money when what you have is priceless <3"

Seems like you lack basic english comprehension. What I said completely follows what she said. Stop being a white knight.

To be fair, Syrians were welcomed with open arms compared to Somalis. Even Eritreans who were fleeing as migrants at the same time as Syrians were not given the same treatment. I feel that we aren’t tapping into our potential, we still use the fact that we are refugees and there’s no push to do great in our community. We’re starting to favour the AA’s and Caribbean’s in this regard.

Correction: I meant the 3rd and 4th generations. There are studies on this, btw, I am not making things up when it comes to the assimilation rate.

Syrians had a relatively good country before the conflicts, which would logically make the Syrian immigrant better quality human capital compared to Somalis, who came from a failed state with no well functioning institutions. This means Syrians are expected to do better than us, but statistics show no proof that they're thriving, as you claimed. In fact, I think the Somali employment rate is higher when you control for factors.

I acknowledge there are some self-imposed constraints.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
We have criminals and lowlife degenerates in Joburg and mostly in Durban , some districts of these cities are similar to Eastleigh and Mogadishu due to large influxes of fobs
They never integrate whenever I go there it's always hostile and qabiil infested plus the xenophobia it's not an ideal place to live
More and more mooryaans are coming in large droves and commit crimes like kufsi iyo dil they even brought their isbaaro culture
They embarrass the first generation, integrated and neutralised citizens

In the Western Cape , Somalis were heavily integrated and some were imported from British Somaliland in the late 60's they're descendants intermixed with the local coloureds and cape malaysians
some arrived during Apartheid Era despite the racist system of segregation they survived and flourished some of even became entrepreneurs and migrated to countries like USA and Canada
Which is why there's less negative stereotypes of us compared to Gauteng and Eastern hemisphere lol

Somalis in the West have rotten apples unfortunately there are good ones but they are a minority
You bring along your nomadic dysfunctional characteristics to a modern world and it's not compatible you fail to assimilate and integrate
You gave them the impression that all of us are unworthy free loathing savages which boils my blood
You don't take things for granted
You are never humble always blaming on someone else using them as a scapegoat you project your failures on the same gaalo that took you in when you're lives were split seconds away from jeopardy
Your actions are your responsibilities neither do you reflect on it

You had the opportunities that all third worlders dream of but you abuse your privileges which you cleay don't deserve the chance

You have free medical health check-ups
You have free education
Your council even pay some of your rents
You get allowances and welfare
Youre living off someone's expensive and taxpayers
Instead being grateful to your host nations you pay them back with qashin results

No wonder these folks never done a days hardwork in their lives they no have idea what's like to earn for a living
instead of collecting ceyr and dropping FKD sessions whilst your son's abdi is shanking a rival abdi
imitating madow gang life

That mentality hinders your ability to work , achieve ambitions or do something productive in your life
These free things spoiled you people

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
To answer your question it’s not exactly easy to arrive to the west as refugees from a war torn country and immediately expect them to be raking in the average income of people who have lived there longer than them. The jews were never this rich nor were Asians this well represented.
Kkkk take a look at Bosnians/Rwandans who came later than us with conflicts larger than ours and even Syrians who’ve come to the west 3 years ago and already done more than some malis who been here 15 kkkk

work ethic gets higher income simple as that no stats no quotes needed

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
"here is nothing wrong. We have the deen. We have our dhaqan. Who needs money when what you have is priceless <3"

Seems like you lack basic english comprehension. What I said completely follows what she said. Stop being a white knight.
She's clearly poking fun at Deen and Dhaqan you fucking moron, it's what she's been doing for quite some time now. God why are people here so stupid sometimes.
To be fair, Syrians were welcomed with open arms compared to Somalis. Even Eritreans who were fleeing as migrants at the same time as Syrians were not given the same treatment. I feel that we aren’t tapping into our potential, we still use the fact that we are refugees and there’s no push to do great in our community. We’re starting to favour the AA’s and Caribbean’s in this regard.
They're crisis was a lot more recent and well covered. The attitude to refugees is a lot better nowadays then before even with the rise of right-wing fascists.

Kkkk take a look at Bosnians/Rwandans who came later than us with conflicts larger than ours and even Syrians who’ve come to the west 3 years ago and already done more than some malis who been here 15 kkkk

work ethic gets higher income simple as that no stats no quotes needed
Problem with that is the Syrians who moved to America are on average to be far more educated than a typical Somali, I’ve seen many doctors and dentists. I don’t think I’ve seen many Rwandans in my life, I could probably count them as a rare species at this point and for your point in Albos they’re abit odd in that they are either extreme criminals or the most law abiding people you’ll find. No in betweens.

Trending

Latest posts