What's with the sudden trend of being "depressed" or having anxiety?

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Lately I've been seeing A LOT of people claiming to have depression and thinking it's some "quirky" trait or something like that. You see grown-ass women on twitter captioning stuff with "Me and my depression could never" or "When you have too much anxiety to talk to people". You can never call these people out for their bullshit either because people will just call you insensitive. If that wasn't enough you also see so many people trying to fake mental disorders for attention saying stuff like "oh x and y you're my favourite youtuber, watching your videos cures my depression, anxiety, Tourettes, asperger's syndrome, down syndrome, mental retardation and Chlamydia, please keep posting"

Have you guys noticed this too or is it just me?

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Remember when being emo was popular? I think it's that and all these kids these days in their phones with no social skills scare of everything

At the same time poor people and middle class kids seem to have no future. Since there no public money and all price out

Last edited:
Lately I've been seeing A LOT of people claiming to have depression and thinking it's some "quirky" trait or something like that. You see grown-ass women on twitter captioning stuff with "Me and my depression could never" or "When you have too much anxiety to talk to people". You can never call these people out for their bullshit either because people will just call you insensitive. If that wasn't enough you also see so many people trying to fake mental disorders for attention saying stuff like "oh x and y you're my favourite youtuber, watching your videos cures my depression, anxiety, Tourettes, asperger's syndrome, down syndrome, mental retardation and Chlamydia, please keep posting"

"Chlamydia":drakelaugh:

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Remember when being goofs was popular? I think it's that and all these kids these days in their phones with no social skills scare of everything

At the same time poor people and middle class kids seem to have no future. Since there no public money and all price out
I get what you're saying in the first part, but your second paragraph confuses me. What does that have to do with this?

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Yea it’s for attention
some are serious tho
100%, many people suffer from depression which is why this is even more annoying. Now it's hard for me to know who's bullshitting and who's really going through a rough time

We have a snowflake generation problem. No social skills, never been in fight, melts under pressure, watches anime all day, waifu as girl friend, dayuus, low testosterone levels, yes we're fk'd

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
We have a snowflake generation problem. No social skills, never been in fight, melts under pressure, watches anime all day, waifu as girl friend, dayuus, low testosterone levels, yes we're fk'd
I personally don't think it's the whole generation, to me those who have this problem are most likely to be on the internet 24/7 making this noise. They say "Empty vessels make the most noise" right?

its not a trend. Mental health is worsening because of additives in food, electronic emissions messing with brain waves, chemicals and toxins in air, and social media

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
No such thing as depression or anxiety it’s all fake
That's also a possibility, but I've heard depression is an actual disorder where your brain's hormones just don't function properly. In that case it's not an emotion anymore it's a disability. But I don't know how true that is. As for anxiety it's just someone who grew up antisocial and is blaming it on a "health disorder"

The Western lifestyle causes depression and millions of mental disorders. We all should go back to Somalia and live a simple nomadic lifestyle.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
its not a trend. Mental health is worsening because of additives in food, electronic emissions messing with brain waves, chemicals and toxins in air, and social media
If that was the case then why is everyone just joking about it and is treating it as a part of their personality? They're always making these annoying jokes about "Gen Z don't care about virus hew hew they don't care if they die they want to die ha ha I'm so quirky"

Djokovic

Somali Arab
That's also a possibility, but I've heard depression is an actual disorder where your brain's hormones just don't function properly. In that case it's not an emotion anymore it's a disability. But I don't know how true that is. As for anxiety it's just someone who grew up antisocial and is blaming it on a "health disorder"
No one can be happy All the time

If that was the case then why is everyone just joking about it and is treating it as a part of their personality? They're always making these annoying jokes about "Gen Z don't care about virus hew hew they don't care if they die they want to die ha ha I'm so quirky"
because its become the norm to joke about it for their generation. Ours hid it because there was a stigma. They tell jokes about it, but I can guarantee you the people who first made those jokes were making light of things they genuinely struggle with.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
because its become the norm to joke about it for their generation. Ours hid it because there was a stigma. They tell jokes about it, but I can guarantee you the people who first made those jokes were making light of things they genuinely struggle with.
I'm not buying that. In any case good to see where you're getting at with this. To me it just seems illogical, mixing with this people and from personal experience I can tell.

Trending

Latest posts