What's up with

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Somali people responding to me in English when I speak to them in somali. I went to a well known xaawalad and I spoke to the teller in somali and for the whole exchange he spoke to me in English while I kept replying in Somali.

I genuinely believe I speak somali fluently now. But it seems no matter they can tell it doesn't come naturally, why do they respond in English when I can speak in Somali? This happens with everyone as well not just xaawalaads.

Last edited:

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Lol keep speaking in af Somali to the neef :yousmart:Is he fluent in English or is it jajab?:sass2:

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
I'd say fluent but even esl somali habros switch up to English when they hear me :yloezpe:

I'll admit that I can't pronounce Dh sound but I have a wide vocabulary. :devilish:

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Somali people responding to me in English when I speak to them in somali. I went to a well known xaawalad and I spoke to the teller in somali and for the whole exchange he spoke to me in English while I kept replying in Somali.

I genuinely believe I speak somali fluently now. But it seems no matter they can tell it doesn't come naturally, why do they respond in English when I can speak in Somali? This happens with everyone as well not just xaawalaads.
It's maybe cause you dressed westernised & they're dumbfounded thinking naagtan gaalka ah Somali ku hadleyso maxa weeye Taalo lol

Hubble

VIP
The opposite happens with me. Somalis get huffy or depressed if I speak in English. Even ciyaalka xaafadda reply in broken Somali.

Q

Queen Carawelo

That always happens to me wallahi. I speak in Afsomali to Somali elders and they always speak in English with me. I laugh and eventually switch to English and all of the sudden they turn deaf and switch back to Afsomali.

I'm always like this
609c49af3556f385d35f96885a8f65e4.gif

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Haye idol, wan ogahay qoraalka af somali mu ku fiicno lakin hadalka a ii fudud.

I have bad insomnia tonight but I gave up trying to type that lmao.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
@The Informant you stalking a brother online, you look for my comments just to dislike it. Tell me what you dislike about my comment you dislike button abuser, you don't even comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending