What's the oldest clip available of Somalia?

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I don’t think there are any videos of Somalis from the 19th Century.

But there are several documentaries and Pathè newsreels from the 20th Century.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
I remember listening to the old Somali recorded audio once, couldn't understand a bit of it, seemed like an Oromo language with the way the talked.

However when it comes to oldest Somali videos I think the Italian shot couple of their movies in the south, most of them were black and white and were recorded in 1920s and 1930s.

Lofi99

LOFI HIGH
:mindblown:

Not a single soul in that video remains subhanallah

ALL those souls gone forgotten lost in time , never to be spoken of again erased from history .

Even their children are dead and when their grandchildren die who are old now they will be sounds of the void .

Only few men and women are remembered hundreds of years after their deaths Prophets , inventors , scientists with breakthroughs and artist we love aka Shakespeare . But the rest of us we are nothing and yet we are the sounds of the wind .

PRAY TO ALLAH for then only salvation will come with entrance to a ever lasting peace in paradise.

moments-lost-time.gif

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
Not many, there are few footages
documented in the 30's and 50's.
Old colonial archives.
It's difficult to obtain them now.
There used to be a library in the capital, it's contents and footages along with it destroyed.
So it's scarce.

I remember listening to the old Somali recorded audio once, couldn't understand a bit of it, seemed like an Oromo language with the way the talked.

However when it comes to oldest Somali videos I think the Italian shot couple of their movies in the south, most of them were black and white and were recorded in 1920s and 1930s.
I always wondered how our ancestors spoke af somali

I may be mistaken, but it looks like a lot of the men are wearing Ottoman styled hats? I believe the Ottomans still had control of Jerusalem in 1897. Very cool video. Wish we had a video of Mogadishu at this time.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You

What year was that audio recorded. I don't think there are any difference between the Somali spoken in the 20th and 21th century.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Indeed, nobody has the answer to this. This is curious, amateur historians must do their due diligence.

Trending

Latest posts