What's bahal higlo or bahalo higlo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is a kind of canid species, a member of the family Canidae, but they definitely have many cat-like characteristics and it looks like the that typical fox but unlike fox, it is herbivores and does not eat meat at all
They usually live as groups and defend themselves as groups if they are being attacked

it is a kind of canid species, a member of the family Canidae, but they definitely have many cat-like characteristics and it looks like the cat but unlike cat it is herbivores and does not eat meat meat at all
They usually live as groups and defend themselves as groups if they are being attacked
What's their English name?

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
it is a kind of canid species, a member of the family Canidae, but they definitely have many cat-like characteristics and it looks like the that typical fox but unlike fox, it is herbivores and does not eat meat at all
Sounds like an aardwolf.

VixR

Veritas
Based on @Beri hore’s description, a google search of “Herbivorous African Canidae” turned this up. Apparently it’s called a “bat-eared fox”and it is native to a good portion of Somalia, so its a good chance this might be it, maybe:

Bat-eared fox

BankaTuyo

حيران
bahala hiigle are wild dogs

wild_dogs-web.jpg

Based on @Beri hore’s description, a google search of “Herbivorous African Canidae” turned this up. Apparently it’s called a “bat-eared fox”and it is native to a good portion of Somalia, so its a good chance this might be it, maybe:

Bat-eared fox
Confirmed, this it! Thanks. I must commend your deduction levels. Off the charts!

BankaTuyo

حيران
Guys; is there a name for Tiger in Somali?.... and please do not tell me "Shabeel" because shabeel is leopard.

BankaTuyo

حيران
I thought shabeel was tiger and leopard was harimcad? It can't be the other way around!

Tigers never existed in the wild in Africa, our forefathers never saw one, leopard is shabeel, cheetah is harimacad. there are also two other --medium to small-- cats called "Jiifaa" "Guduudane", i don't exactly know the English names of the animals they correspond to but through people's description i guess they are Caracal and Serval.

Harimacad is cheetah. It has black, solid round spots. Someone was put in jail yesterday for trafficking on cheetahs because they are protected internationally. It was on TV here:

Tigers never existed in the wild in Africa, our forefathers never saw one, leopard is shabeel, cheetah is harimacad. there are also two other --medium to small-- cats called "Jiifaa" "Guduudane", i don't exactly know the English names of the animals they correspond to but through people's description i guess they are Caracal and Serval.
Yes, caracal has pointy ears and has no spots. Serval has spots. They are both the size of a small goat.

Sorry to hear their conservation status; i think they hold bite force record among the mammals.!
Very powerful, and very deadly when they hunt. Amazing animals. They are probably the most endangered carnivore in Africa, just like the cheetah is the most endangered big cat in Africa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts