What year did you enter high school?

2002 :)

I went to one of the best schools in the Somali peninsula at the time. it was basically like going to the most prestigious private school. My classmates are mostly in higher echelons of the society back home (senior government bureaucrats, businessmen, clergy etc), even those who are abroad are all STEM graduates with comfortable middle-class professional lives.

our school basically employed the most sought-after educators in nearby regions, we had our own school library and science lab. Students were picked up by school bus from their homes to school.

When it came to national exams, while many in public schools were happy to receive a passing grade of D, most of my mates Had As and Bs, and few who were nonchalant got Cs.

Many of my schoolmates went to dominate local universities or went abroad to study. This was easy as many of them hailed from either upper middle class or upper-class families.

All this was for $25 a month at the time while public schools were about $0.7 a month. but given that in 2002 the average family would struggle to pay for one kid to go to high school for 70 cents a month, paying $25 was considered an excess. My Father said if I really wanted then he would happily pay for it, and it was the right investment, in fact, one of the best he ever made!.

This is a real story of how money and private education can forge someone's future, its not about the quality of education only!, it's about the connections made and networking established, the information and opportunities that otherwise are not available for one.

unfair advantage!: for me, this was how I would describe it, I managed to excel and study abroad and my life has changed since. all stemming from a single decision to go to a private school!.

This is not probably what you were asking for, but I thought it was worth venting to educate you guys a bit ... Somalipariah out!.

2002 :)

I went to one of the best schools in the Somali peninsula at the time. it was basically like going to the most prestigious private school. My classmates are mostly in higher echelons of the society back home (senior government bureaucrats, businessmen, clergy etc), even those who are abroad are all STEM graduates with comfortable middle-class professional lives.

our school basically employed the most sought-after educators in nearby regions, we had our own school library and science lab. Students were picked up by school bus from their homes to school.

When it came to national exams, while many in public schools were happy to receive a passing grade of D, most of my mates Had As and Bs, and few who were nonchalant got Cs.

Many of my schoolmates went to dominate local universities or went abroad to study. This was easy as many of them hailed from either upper middle class or upper-class families.

All this was for $25 a month at the time while public schools were about $0.7 a month. but given that in 2002 the average family would struggle to pay for one kid to go to high school for 70 cents a month, paying $25 was considered an excess. My Father said if I really wanted then he would happily pay for it, and it was the right investment, in fact, one of the best he ever made!.

This is a real story of how money and private education can forge someone's future, its not about the quality of education only!, it's about the connections made and networking established, the information and opportunities that otherwise are not available for one.

unfair advantage!: for me, this was how I would describe it, I managed to excel and study abroad and my life has changed since. all stemming from a single decision to go to a private school!.

This is not probably what you were asking for, but I thought it was worth venting to educate you guys a bit ... Somalipariah out!.

Somalia in 2002? Must of been a struggle.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
LMFAO were dropping bangers when I started high school.

Party Rock Anthem, Sorry for Party Rocking and Champagne Showers.

:whoo:

Happy Dance Party GIF

Trending