What would you do

Alluring

Sayonara
You're harsh too the parents tbh they just want their daughter to marry a good man. I'm sure the dad knows something she doesn't know.
This might be him in the holidays for all we know
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If that's the case, the parents should be upfront about it, instead of complaining about a good man's qabil. They can do a thorough background check.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
:trumpsmirk: So, why don't her parents bring a good looking Somali doctor from her qabil and see what happens? These parents complain but offer no tangible alternatives. Also, what were they doing all those years when their daughter was being wooed by someone they deemed 'ignoble'. Ahem*

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
No matter how much you love someone you should always keep in mind that its Allah that plans your fate

Also id like to add its important to have the parents blessings when you want to get married they both should just face reality and move on after some time they will find someone else hopefully this time she brings someone her parents are happy with

If i brought home a 10/10 girl and my parents said No, i will literally tell them to f*ck off. I will never respect a parent who oversteps his or her rights. How you gonna refuse your child happiness over some bullshit qabiil which we don't see in our normal lives and may not be real?

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
I hope so bad that she brings home a Yardie, Pole, chav, a donkey - anything.

I fucking despise the older generation of Somali males.

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
If i brought home a 10/10 girl and my parents said No, i will literally tell them to f*ck off. I will never respect a parent who oversteps his or her rights. How you gonna refuse your child happiness over some bullshit qabiil which we don't see in our normal lives and may not be real?

I'm not even going to lie, same here. My parents don't have much of a say in who I marry. Fortunately, I respect and appreciate their counsel and likewise they respect my judgement. I've already been engaged once without their input and backed out by my own volition.

Although I'm a guy and she isn't. So unlucky for her.

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴
When you live with your parents, you know whether they're Qabyaliste or not. I'm pretty sure she knew her parents wouldn't bless her relationship. Maybe that's why it took her so long to tell'em about him :cosbyhmm:

When you live with your parents, you know whether they're Qabyaliste or not. I'm pretty sure she knew her parents wouldn't bless her relationship. Maybe that's why it took her so long to tell'em about him :cosbyhmm:

Definitely ! Qabilists always try to pass on their mentality to their children. Maybe she thought that they'd make an exception since he's a doctor.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Some Somali parents are qabiilist and nothing gonna change it

You marry a tribe they despise thats a recipe for disaster

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
So my cousin brought home a guy who asked for her hand in marriage this morning. Now you would of thought her hooyo and abo would be pleased at the sight of him being somali as a lot of Somalis are marrying out these days. Expecting them to accept it and bless their marriage went sideways as soon as he told them his qabil. They both told my cousin to forget all about him and move on but she’s been with this guy since her teens and it’s only now she’s decided to tight the knot with him. This guys recently graduated as a doctor and she’s a nurse. My dad tried to knock some sense into him but he’s so madax adeeg no means no to him. What makes matters worse is that the dad started to ridicule and insult the guys qabil infront of him. Started calling him all types like “langaab, what makes you think you can marry my daughter”..... he said some pretty grim things:francis: If you know your parents will react this way towards their qabil why waste their time is what I’m saying. Unfortunately Somalis still live in the Middle Ages. She’s my edos daughter btw. She’s still trying to reason with them but I would just leave it if I was her I even told her this. The funny thing is my edo and husband are from two different clans :mindblown:I guess he turned her into a hard core qabilist cos she was never like this subhanallah.
I feel so sorry for her. She’s so in love with this guy :francis:
Jesus fucking christ , this is beyond ridiculous the Somalis have superceded the Indiots with their pathetic caste systems ,
I don't have words to describe this , excuse my French but what in the actual f*ck is this? Huh
:williamswtf:
These so called civilised Somalis residing in the west are more concerned and GAF about primitive mythological bs affiliations instead of focusing on the character's personality, yet they're condenscending to us living in Africa , Somali regardless where they are waa isku caqli lol

What makes it taboo marrying into Raxanweyn, why are these people different from the Zo.omaalis ?
They look the same , pray to the same god , live and share the shithole and cespitt of a country, but have dialectical differences
Langaab is he fucking joking?! All Somalis are Langaab wether they like it or not they rank at the bottom pile worldwide .
:russ::chrisfreshhah::damn::deadmanny:

Where does the marginalisation stem from?
Who gets to decide which person is nasab or ignoble
We need to understand the true origins , dig deeper, this practice was happening for centuries the ostracised clans endured sufferings and hardships because of sheer ignorance, according to their caqli lix saac, the nasab and bila nasab are their core beliefs, its traces back when Somalis were nothing but spear hunters , it stems from there and they got dysfunctional ever since , the deterioration began once the elders indoctrinated their offsprings by claiming to be descendants of Bani Hashim , hence many jaahiliin adopted copying what the other had claimed, this led to distorted abtiris , today they are not far from bastards with no real patriarchal lineages it's not that they never knew their heritage but the deliberate intentions of the elders led to many Islamic names and mythological claims being in favour , that's the origins of nasabnimo

Thus during the famine , some clans using their brains /survival instincts led them eating giraffe's carcasses to live for another day in this harsh , unforgivable and desolate region, they were ridiculed , later labelled Midgaan, but we never understood why these people were at the bottom of rankings , so I wonder what awful things have they done to be despised this much.

Or was it that one strange looking cousin who's occupation differs from the clueless , naive and gullible camel herders , but sticked out like a sore thumb whenever there was a congregation hence his offsprings ostracised from gatherings they're known as Yibir

Or was it that one fella, living a simple life , minding his business , never bothering anyone, had a love and passion for his occupation despite being something the regular Lamagoodle majority lookdown upon especially if that job is particularly something to do with blacksmith , Tumaal

If Somalis mistreated the regular Geeljires ,
the Raxanweyn who's related to Gardheere Samaale , Biyomaal who are Dir who have existed before Islam and before these mainstream clans appeared on the surface ,or the Degodi who's the eldest what makes you think ostracised clans have a chance of ever surviving in the Somali Peninsula?

You see guys ? Don't be surprised at all, these are reasons why I keep a distance from Somalis in real life , not because I don't like my ethnicity but what goes through their fucking little heads?

As the only rational being on this forum, an EX-Geeljire myself, I will never accept their Ill based mentality , illogical behaviour and their reasonings.

I suggest you're cousin and her spouse run away , if their relationship is this serious , they don't need the blessings fromthe in-laws since they were being disrespectful and disapproval
They should instead work on their relationship.
:dwill:

salma saluuni

For the thrill💃🏽
He should've insisted on meeting her family earlier to be on the safe side. I would never allow any type of bs from future inlaws. I'd 100% walk away.
she told me that she’s giving her abo a deadline and if he hasn’t made up his mind by then and put this to rest she’ll marry him :mjdontkno:

salma saluuni

For the thrill💃🏽
giphy.gif

Trending

Latest posts