What would you do

salma saluuni

For the thrill💃🏽
So my cousin brought home a guy who asked for her hand in marriage this morning. Now you would of thought her hooyo and abo would be pleased at the sight of him being somali as a lot of Somalis are marrying out these days. Expecting them to accept it and bless their marriage went sideways as soon as he told them his qabil. They both told my cousin to forget all about him and move on but she’s been with this guy since her teens and it’s only now she’s decided to tight the knot with him. This guys recently graduated as a doctor and she’s a nurse. My dad tried to knock some sense into him but he’s so madax adeeg no means no to him. What makes matters worse is that the dad started to ridicule and insult the guys qabil infront of him. Started calling him all types like “langaab, what makes you think you can marry my daughter”..... he said some pretty grim things:francis: If you know your parents will react this way towards their qabil why waste their time is what I’m saying. Unfortunately Somalis still live in the Middle Ages. She’s my edos daughter btw. She’s still trying to reason with them but I would just leave it if I was her I even told her this. The funny thing is my edo and husband are from two different clans :mindblown:I guess he turned her into a hard core qabilist cos she was never like this subhanallah.

Alluring

Sayonara
He's somali, a doctor, and his been with your cousin for so long, it only makes sense for them to get together. Go to an imam and remind her parents that excessive tribalism is not a part of Islam.

She should of thought about it beforehand. How can she not know her parents are qabilist? And why tell her parents about him after all these years? If she told them sooner them perhaps it would've been easier for her to move on

salma saluuni

For the thrill💃🏽
She should of thought about it beforehand. How can she not know her parents are qabilist? And why tell her parents about him after all these years? If she told them sooner them perhaps it would've been easier for her to move on
I know she’s very dumb for that. Should of told them about him a long time ago.

What miscommunication? My edo speaks af may may even though she’s not eelay or rahweyn. There’s no miscommunication it’s qabyaalad sxb.
You're harsh too the parents tbh they just want their daughter to marry a good man. I'm sure the dad knows something she doesn't know.
This might be him in the holidays for all we know
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
So my cousin brought home a guy who asked for her hand in marriage this morning. Now you would of thought her hooyo and abo would be pleased at the sight of him being somali as a lot of Somalis are marrying out these days. Expecting them to accept it and bless their marriage went sideways as soon as he told them his qabil. They both told my cousin to forget all about him and move on but she’s been with this guy since her teens and it’s only now she’s decided to tight the knot with him. This guys recently graduated as a doctor and she’s a nurse. My dad tried to knock some sense into him but he’s so madax adeeg no means no to him. What makes matters worse is that the dad started to ridicule and insult the guys qabil infront of him. Started calling him all types like “langaab, what makes you think you can marry my daughter”..... he said some pretty grim things:francis: If you know your parents will react this way towards their qabil why waste their time is what I’m saying. Unfortunately Somalis still live in the Middle Ages. She’s my edos daughter btw. She’s still trying to reason with them but I would just leave it if I was her I even told her this. The funny thing is my edo and husband are from two different clans :mindblown:I guess he turned her into a hard core qabilist cos she was never like this subhanallah.

I don't buy this story....

thumbs up if u agree

1603824752411.png

You're harsh too the parents tbh they just want their daughter to marry a good man. I'm sure the dad knows something she doesn't know.
This might be him in the holidays for all we know
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's a fair point. Parents have a weird clairvoyance, every single marriage my grandparents disapproved of crumbled in five years or less.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
No matter how much you love someone you should always keep in mind that its Allah that plans your fate

Also id like to add its important to have the parents blessings when you want to get married they both should just face reality and move on after some time they will find someone else hopefully this time she brings someone her parents are happy with

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
That's a fair point. Parents have a weird clairvoyance, every single marriage my grandparents disapproved of crumbled in five years or less.

your grand pa is a snow flake

Trending