What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
A friend of mine posed this question to me. He works for a company called Enbridge in Edmonton and recently a female coworker got promoted to a supervisor position. At the place they have a culture of openness and the banter is lively (I used to work there). Anyway, this female supervisor is very talkative and likes to engage everyone, eavesdrop on conversations about sports etc. Often times, she will overhear an argument (a nonsense playful argument about something) and interject with her opinion on the matter. My friend would disagree with it and get a written warning.

The woman is using her position as a supervisor/manager to control people's opinions. Keep in mind my friend and everyone there follow the normal workplace policies against racism, sexism, vulgarity etc. How should he handle this situation? Have you been through a similar situation? Can you relate?

There's only 3 things that can happen here
1. He could rally up the rest of the co workers to report her
2. He can keep his opinions to himself and not disagree with her
3. Find a new job

xisaabiye

Ibnu Suxuufi Ibnu Al Dhoobe
A friend of mine posed this question to me. He works for a company called Enbridge in Edmonton and recently a female coworker got promoted to a supervisor position. At the place they have a culture of openness and the banter is lively (I used to work there). Anyway, this female supervisor is very talkative and likes to engage everyone, eavesdrop on conversations about sports etc. Often times, she will overhear an argument (a nonsense playful argument about something) and interject with her opinion on the matter. My friend would disagree with it and get a written warning.

The woman is using her position as a supervisor/manager to control people's opinions. Keep in mind my friend and everyone there follow the normal workplace policies against racism, sexism, vulgarity etc. How should he handle this situation? Have you been through a similar situation? Can you relate?
You're a funny ass dude :russ: :lolbron:
Nuanced & subtle:yacadiim:

xisaabiye

Saaxiib how would you go about it if you have a boss like that ?
I need advice sxb. I don't want the guy to lose his job but I would punch that bloated land mammal in the face and accept the consequences. She would really grate on me if I were him.

I'm a revolutionist. I'd choose the few charismatic colleagues and make sure things change. If not the company would lose out on employees with a special skill set. Most likely those few charismatic individuals would start a trickle effect & next thing you know the employer would realise he has taken a major loss due to the supervisors sinful pride :yacadiim:

I'm a revolutionist. I'd choose the few charismatic colleagues and make sure things change. If not the company would lose out on employees with a special skill set. Most likely those few charismatic individuals would start a trickle effect & next thing you know the employer would realise he has taken a major loss due to the supervisors sinful pride :yacadiim:

Sometimes that can backfire on you lol

I think you should advise him to be more straight forward with her. How bad could it be? :cosbyhmm:
I had a shitty coworker at my last job and her constant negativity really killed the atmosphere (she hated retail but always stuck with it). Since no one else wanted to do it, I personally told her we were tired of her bitterness and no one really wanted to hear about her personal life. Don't know what she's doing now but the rest of us were at ease without her :kanyeshrug:

Last edited:

xisaabiye

So how'd it go for your friend. You didn't give us feedback :damedamn:

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time

Why is he even disagreeing with his manager is he stupid? Just smile and nod and agree with them, unless its some HR level dsicirmintion shit, then sue them lmfao. :chrisfreshhah:

You should teach your friend how to navigate the workplace as a black Muslim, you can't ever really be yourself honestly. :bell:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts