What would you do to stop FGM in Somalia if you were given control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
Make it a taboo where it is extremely looked down upon and it's seen as wax laga roonyahay. Teaching the population about the disadvantages and the uselessness will help a lot. Most practitioners are jahils

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Gather all the incompetent, ignorant old ladies in a prison cell, let loose couple of lions and snakes in there.

As someone who had FGM Clitoridectomy when I was 7 in Somalia, I would like them to have 100 lashes in public and then a jail sentence of 35 years.
Guys we have a victim of fgm here, let the family of somalispot start a donation for reconstruction surgery for her.

I will open a gofundme for her now, lets support her as sspot family :(

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
As someone who had FGM Clitoridectomy when I was 7 in Somalia, I would like them to have 100 lashes in public and then a jail sentence of 35 years.

Did you ever ask your parents why? Would you want your family to be punished?

I'm just curious you don't have to answer.

Did you ever ask your parents why? Would you want your family to be punished?

I'm just curious you don't have to answer.
My mother wasn't very educated about it back then, we were living in Somalia at that time. But now she is strongly against the practice.
And I only had the FGM sunah type and not the extreme one.

You can sue your mother, she is guilty and will face trial.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
images

Apparently most who perform fgm are midgaan/gabooye because it's seen as a dirty job. So we need to treat them with better circumstances so there's no one to perform it:cosbyhmm:
All these other somalis will never do what is considered a lowly job because of their pride & ego :damn:

Apparently most who perform fgm are midgaan/gabooye because it's seen as a dirty job. So we need to treat them with better circumstances so there's no one to perform it:cosbyhmm:
All these other somalis will never do what is considered a lowly job because of their pride & ego :damn:
I never thought of it that way actually so the gabooyes could be cutting that thing with anger as they think these people look down on us and this is our opportunity for revenge
:ohhh:

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Problem is the entire culture revolves around catering to useless men.

Whether it's fgm, making your four year daughter cook food for the men (aka teaching her how to be a maid) etcetc.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending