What would Ethiopia reaction be if somalia started to Produce large amount of oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Farmaajo is going to be hard to outmaneuver politically, leaving a full-scale military invasion as the only option. Give Farmajo long enough and that option will also be closed off.

You don't even make sense. Each industrial complex will generate a billion dollars in revenue for the country, the supply of inputs will generate another billion, and the increased infrastructure and income will generate another hundred million. Somalia will be used for input resources and not much else.

lol more like we will be your biggest supplier. What does somalia produce or is capable of producing besides basic inputs? We export more khat to you guys than what your country makes in revenue. Ethiopia won't even import "oil" from Somalia as it in the process of purchasing 300 oil wagons to cut costs of importing oil from the new refinery in Djibouti. We will import basic crude, refine it then proceed to import through the railway. Besides we don't even use much oil. Idk where you're getting your numbers from but 9b of oil isn't a lot, we have 4.7trillion barrels in Ogaden and will be exporting it by 2018/2019 :icon lol:Ethiopia could potentially benefit from the cheap basic resources in supply for our new industrial base. I know you guys have huge hopes but you should always remain grounded in expectations...
U idiot if u havent realized by now the Ogaden region has natural gas which measures by cubic feet and not barrels and the countries that produce natural gas barely make money on it and they have over 50trillion cubic feet of gas, and only way u can make money using natural gas is by exporting it to Europe (which u cant), Ethiopias population is gonna be 228million by 2050, trust me you'll become our biggest customers, it's embarrassing how in 30 yrs of peace in Ethiopia, Angola easily surpassed u guys, we will easily do that within the next 15 yrs, no need to get upset, after all u guys are the last frontier sweatshop of the world:trumpsmirk:

U idiot if u havent realized by now the Ogaden region has natural gas which measures by cubic feet and not barrels and the countries that produce natural gas barely make money on it and they have over 50trillion cubic feet of gas, and only way u can make money using natural gas is by exporting it to Europe (which u cant), Ethiopias population is gonna be 228million by 2050, trust me you'll become our biggest customers, it's embarrassing how in 30 yrs of peace in Ethiopia, Angola easily surpassed u guys, we will easily do that within the next 15 yrs, no need to get upset, after all u guys are the last frontier sweatshop of the world:trumpsmirk:
lol someone is getting emotional. Ethiopia hasn't even had 15 years of peace. The LNG will be exported and Ethiopia will generate billions either way. Somalia doesn't even have roads. It's funny how you have so much unfounded hope. Keep dreaming man we will see where we both are in a decade and quit chewing the khat it's making you delusional.

lol someone is getting emotional. Ethiopia hasn't even had 15 years of peace. The LNG will be exported and Ethiopia will generate billions either way. Somalia doesn't even have roads. It's funny how you have so much unfounded hope. Keep dreaming man we will see where we both are in a decade and quit chewing the khat it's making you delusional.
I don't even know why I'm arguing with a Ethiopian sheegato, woe on me:bell:

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Are u dumb, oil and gas will always be king till it runs out, electric vehicles are too expensive, their maintenance is a nightmare, and if u havent noticed electric vehicles can't go farther than gas powered cars. And by 2050 there's gonna be over 1billion ppl added to Africa alone, selling it with in Africa alone is enough to make us wealthy.

Oil will only stay king until something more efficient and cheaper comes along.

Electric vehicles will end up much cheaper than normal cars and the only thing keeping the price high is the expensive batteries. We will reach $200/kw by 2020 and most likely batteries would be exponentially cheaper within a decade.

Maintenance would costs less over time; due to there being much fewer moving parts in an electric car and batteries should last 10,000 charges.

Natural gas could be used for power generation within Somalia but oil would be best used on plastics and other industrial petroleum products instead of cars by the time we get our shit together.

We shouldn't rely on oil & gas to make us wealthy unless we beat the odds and imitate Norway; we'll most likely end up like every other poor oil producer with high imports costs and minimal incentives for the government to diversify the economy.

Ethiopia will be always worried as long as the country Somalia still exists; oil & gas won't increase their desire to dismantle us to entities they can control for eternity.

Oil will only stay king until something more efficient and cheaper comes along.

Electric vehicles will end up much cheaper than normal cars and the only thing keeping the price high is the expensive batteries. We will reach $200/kw by 2020 and most likely batteries would be exponentially cheaper within a decade.

Maintenance would costs less over time; due to there being much fewer moving parts in an electric car and batteries should last 10,000 charges.

Natural gas could be used for power generation within Somalia but oil would be best used on plastics and other industrial petroleum products instead of cars by the time we get our shit together.

We shouldn't rely on oil & gas to make us wealthy unless we beat the odds and imitate Norway; we'll most likely end up like every other poor oil producer with high imports costs and minimal incentives for the government to diversify the economy.

Ethiopia will be always worried as long as the country Somalia still exists; oil & gas won't increase their desire to dismantle us to entities they can control for eternity.
I agree but u have to take into account, gas powered cars are way more efficient than electric vehicles now, new gasoline engines produce less pollution and they use very little fuel, u have cars getting 45miles a gallon where that can last u for weeks on a full tank, where as with electric u can only make the batteries bigger and it'll become more heavier and ur electric bill will go higher which will basically replace ur gasoline bill.

And in America there's less than .001 percent of electric vehicles on the road and the demands of electric cars will never catch up to the gasoline cars, I honestly think all this electric vehicles are just a hype by hippies.

Where I do agree with u is that we expand our horizons and look past the oil, I think we're gonna acommplish that inshallah.

Ethiopia will just eventually become irrelevant, they have more to worry about with there 228million residents by 2050, they're gonna still remain to be the begging bowl of East Africa

I agree but u have to take into account, gas powered cars are way more efficient than electric vehicles now, new gasoline engines produce less pollution and they use very little fuel, u have cars getting 45miles a gallon where that can last u for weeks on a full tank, where as with electric u can only make the batteries bigger and it'll become more heavier and ur electric bill will go higher which will basically replace ur gasoline bill.

And in America there's less than .001 percent of electric vehicles on the road and the demands of electric cars will never catch up to the gasoline cars, I honestly think all this electric vehicles are just a hype by hippies.

Where I do agree with u is that we expand our horizons and look past the oil, I think we're gonna acommplish that inshallah.

Ethiopia will just eventually become irrelevant, they have more to worry about with there 228million residents by 2050, they're gonna still remain to be the begging bowl of East Africa
Feed your people first; then you can talk about begging us. You make one of the largest refugees in Africa and you're talking about begging lol.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Feed your people first; then you can talk about begging us. You make one of the largest refugees in Africa and you're talking about begging lol.

We don't have the water resources to feed ourselves yet but Ethiopia does and is still starving.

We don't have the water resources to feed ourselves yet but Ethiopia does and is still starving.
There's between 5-7million people who are food insecure in Ethiopia. This makes up less than 10% of the entire nation. Ethiopia is becoming fully secured year by year, it's not just about having water, it's about getting it to the right places.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
I thought you wanted peace why can't you be happy for Somalia's future. We are 'refugees' within our greater homeland so okay and aren't Ethiopians and Eritreans also dying out at sea? You talk of peace but don't want us to progress I wonder why :trumpsmirk:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I thought you wanted peace why can't you be happy for Somalia's future. We are 'refugees' within our greater homeland so okay and aren't Ethiopians and Eritreans also dying out at sea? You talk of peace but don't want us to progress I wonder why :trumpsmirk:

Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.

I do want peace between Ethiopia and Somalia but if you talk smack then I will reply the same way, nothing personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts