What would be the Somali word for Steadfast?

@Burqad

Oh be nice, it was a good attempt on @Caaro 's part.

Depending on the context, and you shall have to offer an example to determine as to the context:
a) Xasil, xasilloon, xasilooni;
b) Sugan, sugnaan, sugid;

-------------------------------
Etymology: Steadfast:
Middle English stedfast, of persons, "unshakable, stubborn, resolute; firm and fixed in purpose, faith, etc." (c. 1200), from Old English stedefæst "secure in position, steady, firm in its place," from stede "place, position" (see stead) + fæst (see fast (adj.)).

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement
If we don't even have a word for please that's not a loanword I doubt there's a native term for steadfast lmao.

If we don't even have a word for please that's not a loanword I doubt there's a native term for steadfast lmao.
Hang on, are you not a goblin of the Qoti genus posing as a bone fide nomad? Peasants, serfs, and sedentary communities use subservient colloquy in addressing their sires, whereas libertarian, egalitarian warriors employ bespoke argot. After Arabic, very few languages could compete with Somali literature and poetry, but then, you would not be expected to know that.

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Hang on, are you not a goblin of the Qoti genus posing as a bone fide nomad? Peasants, serfs, and sedentary communities use subservient colloquy in addressing their sires, whereas libertarian, egalitarian warriors employ bespoke argot. After Arabic, very few languages could compete with Somali literature and poetry, but then, you would not be expected to know that.
? Do you think I'm madhiban

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
horay u soco :sass1:
Horay baan uu soconaya

angry attack on titan GIF by Funimation

Caynaanka hay - be steadfast in the path
This is very good.
In cameleering, the rope attached, or the halter of a camel is called 'Cayn' with emphasis upon the 'C' rather than the 'y', and in its contemporary usage, as in 'caynaanka hay', which literally means 'hang on to the rope', was popularised to describe leadership, wherein it denotes keep leading. Or as you suggested, stay steadfast.
artworks-000654109645-2r0ciy-t500x500.jpg

Postscript:
If the emphasis is on the 'y', it is a genus, popular in poetry as a type of a horse colour and pedigree wise, which then became the name of the famous well 'Cayn' *, (there is a legend as to origin of the well), and later name of the city Caynaba, in the 'Cayn' region of Hawd & Reserve area (originally at least).

Adjunct:
*As poet Cali Dhuux kicked off the famous Guba silsilah:
'Miduu caayo miduu caydhiyiyo mid uu carjaameeyo
Saddexdaa calaamu ka dhigay cuurkii Reer Dalale
Caqli mid aan lahayn baa tahee ha i caloolyeynin
Oo Cayn iyo Hartaad leedahye caraqa fuuqfuuqso'

Last edited: