What was the territorial extent of Axum

The Imperial expansion of Ethiopia in the late 19th century is justified with the claim its the restoration of territories lost from Axum. What was Axums extent ive heard they controlled Zeila
Screenshot_20230406_183205_Drive.jpg

Garaad diinle

 
Hmm i really never thought of that. I don't think they ever reached down to zeila and if they ever did it was properly a small raid nothing much. The afar who lives in southern eritrea weren't even subjugated by axum how would they have controlled zaila if they couldn't control the afar? Furthermore zeila was a very small settlement of no importance back then so axum had no use for it. I couldn't find any concrete evidence of zeila ever being included into the territory of axum.

About the habashi claim they actually claim more than ethiopia at times they even claimed kenya and zanzibar or tanzania. I wouldn't give any weight to their claims. Personally i believe that axum territory wasn't big and expanded by subsequent habashi rulers. You can gauge their expansion by their influence in terms of religion and language meaning people who either speak ethio-semitic languages or those who practice their religion. Which is roughly speaking corresponds to this map.

DAp5rm3.jpg

Hamzza

VIP
The Imperial expansion of Ethiopia in the late 19th century is justified with the claim its the restoration of territories lost from Axum. What was Axums extent ive heard they controlled Zeila View attachment 264873
This is a fantasy and weak excuses to justify Menelik's aggression. There is no evidence that the Axumite Empire reached down to Wollo let alone South Omo, Hararghe or lake Turkana.

mahamdov

Nabaddoonka Somaaliyeed "
Source of the map you posted? Which book is it from? Who is the author?
It is a map made by referring to the inscriptions left by the Habshies
Like this inscription, which talks about the rebellion of the tribes of central Arabia, sending an army to them and defeating them
B0-x-WGCAAAci1x.jpeg

Are you suggesting dirs were Habeshas?
No. You said one is farmer while the other is not and thus can’t be the same. I on the other hand wanted to make clear that your occupation (farmer, fisherman, nomad etc) does not have any impact on your genome

No. You said one is farmer while the other is not and thus can’t be the same. I on the other hand wanted to make clear that your occupation (farmer, fisherman, nomad etc) does not have any impact on your genome

I was responding to the claim that dirs were somalized Habeshas which is a crazy claim to make. If that were true yes dirs would primarily be farmers like other Habeshas

whats autosomally
While Y dna and Mtdna only look at one part (sex chromosome) of your total genetic profile, autosomal looks at all your chromosomes that you inherit from all your ancestors who you relate to directly or indirectly.

A Somali with Ydna T might be paternally closer to a European T carrier he is still closer to Somali E-V32 carrier because they share more ancestors together as compared to a European T carrier whom you only relate to via your father to father side of your family tree.

This picture explains better

1680823892856.png

I was responding to the claim that dirs were somalized Habeshas which is a crazy claim to make. If that were true yes dirs would primarily be farmers like other Habeshas
Afars are nomads but they are genetically closer to Amhara farmers than Somali people. There are also Somali farmers but I get what you mean bro/sis