What trees should i plant in somalia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i go to somalia this summer what trees should i plant in sanaag?

What type of trees would be suitable for that climate in the north?

I like the south african violet trees and think they would give the countryside a brighter look.

f5c05c7e60fd2cc21d2d854b159fbca9.jpg

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Me and my cousins planted trees in between Gabiley and kalabaydh. Shit was fun.

These types of trees must be planted all over Somalia so it can enrichen our soil and produce alot of rain and keep our air clean and our soil wet and moisture.

category_trees_hardwood.jpg

I read somewhere that in a Somaliland town it’s become a tradition for young couples to plant a tree when they get married. We should make that a standard!

Abaayo, that's only in Gabiley region. My clan Jibril Abokor, when they get married. They plant trees meaning their love is holded and protected by the tree.

Look how beautiful this place is in Gabiley where couples plant trees together.

This looks beautiful fam :noneck:

Is this the farmland area of SL?

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
This looks beautiful fam :noneck:

Is this the farmland area of SL?

Yeah, it's located in between Hargeisa and Borama. Very fertile beautiful lowland region and many Somali farmers work there who are feeding the Somaliland population with fruits and vegetables.

Check it out for yourself.

I am looking at south african trees mostly and australian ones, as i do not know if trees grown in a different climate will adapt well to our climate.

IMG_0680.JPG

You should plant trees that are indigenous to the area. There are some non-native trees that could be invasive species which could compete against indigenous trees destroying the flora and fauna of the region. They spread fast, may bring diseases to livestock and cause problems to the ecosystem.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Some of the famous tree types in Somalia.

Baxarsaaf - Eucalyptus camaldulensis

Mirimiri - Schinus molle

Qurac - Acacia tortilis

Gob - Ziziphus mauritiana

Galool - Acacia bussei

Geed Hindi - Azadirachta indica

you can read the rest here.
cover.jpg

http://www.nzdl.org/gsdlmod?e=d-000...cl=CL2.18.5&d=HASHd1fc1341618e1c5caa4271.4.26

Go for the Mirmiri (Schinus molle) like the one below. Or for any Somali fruit trees (like the Barliin lime tree) so that it could be used for generations to come.

5dtx0gZ.jpg

Courtesy of @Bohol from the thread:
https://www.somalispot.com/threads/trees-of-somalia.27164/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts