What separates a believer from those who doubt?

I didn't write this, someone else did & I thought this is a powerful message so I decided to share it here:

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

The theological & moral issues that are usually the first to chip away at the faith of Muslims (who become Apostates/drowning in shubuhāt) that lead to greater doubts are known by all:

So; the committed Muslim & the one in doubt BOTH know about the "issues":

The existence of hellfire, existence of evil or offensive warfare to conquer disbelieving lands (jihād at-talab), concubinage, the marriage of the Messenger ﷺ with Sayyidah A'isha رضي الله عنها, the hudūd etc.

So what makes the difference?

It truly comes down to submission. Submission is what separates both groups. Most of the heresies we find in modern man are rooted in (if I was to summarize) man's inability to realize that he is the slave and Allāh is the Lord. One must know, numerous apostasy cases include huffāz of the Qur'ān, or those who were once upon a time giving da'wah themselves, and those who do actually know about the religion. So know, that one could learn all the rebuttals against the arguments of Islam thrown at him from an intellectual standpoint, but still have uncertainty in his Islam, simply because his heart never completely submitted, for imān isn't just an intellectual exercise for the mind, rather it's a spiritual conviction in the heart (that Allāh gives His slave) tied with the intellectual certitude.

Imām Abū Ja'far Al Tahāwī رَحِمَهُ الله beautifully summarized:

"For none is safe in his religion except those who surrender themselves to Allāh Almighty and to His Messenger (ﷺ), and relinquishes the knowledge of what is ambiguous to the One who knows it.'' The Imām رَحِمَهُ الله also says: "A man's footing in Islām is not firm unless it is based on SUBMISSION and surrender."

The one in doubt thinks "how can Allāh possibly legislate this”? Whereas he, the committed Muslim is content in whatever Allāh wills and whatever He revealed.

One can argue, only if these people who had left the religion grounded themselves in foundational 'Aqīda (creed) with a firm grounding, I say:

This is a fair point, yet first of all we must know that Allāh guides whom He wills and secondly one should realize that even if people learn the foundational creed for a 1000 years from the greatest theologian to have ever lived, BUT if this person never internalized what he learned in his heart by complete & total submission to Allāh, His Will, His Decree, His rulings & His Divine Wisdom, he would still waiver!

This is why it is not a matter of just knowing, but a matter of submitting like the story of Ibrahīm عليه السلام, Allāh raise his ranks, was commanded to slaughter his own!

So what truly separates the believer and people of doubt and those who went astray is:

Submission - to know that we are broken slaves of Allāh who have limited knowledge and affirming Allāh is our Lord, the King of Kings!
And Allāh knows best.

He also wrote:

"Many Muslims don't realise that many murtaddīn ("ex-Muslims") were practicing & serious about the Dīn and it isn't the case they abandoned this path merely because 'they wanted to do zina/alcohol'. Rather, it's simply the case, many looked at Islam through the lens of the world, so couldn't reconcile their values (usually subjective secular humanist values) with the Sharī'ah, and left. This is why it's important to seek the aid of Allāh for we never know our state tomorrow let alone at our deaths."

And also:

"By Allāh, I'll tell you what this all comes down to:

Belief in the Messenger ﷺ. This is the foundation

One either sincerely, genuinely and firmly believes him as a true Prophet, and so believes in everything he came with or they reject/doubt his Prophethood and so there is no foundation."

Exactly! Iblis believes in Allah in the sense that he knows he truly exists--yet he is a disbeliever because he didn't submit to Allah when he was told to prostrate to Adam AS.

Hence why I hate arguing with Murtads because when you ask them if they willing to Submit and Ask Allah for guidance, they run around bushes.

Anyway, Allah doesn't need their worship, it's his Mercy that he is willing to guide them as long they ask for true Guidance.

May Allah guide us all.

Hence why I hate arguing with Murtads because when you ask them if they willing to Submit and Ask Allah for guidance, they run around bushes.
aren't you conflating two meaning of "believe"? - it can mean "thinking that it exists" (first meaning) and "supporting it" (second meaning). sometimes we can use only the first meaning, e.g.: "i believe in global warming" (i think that it exists, but don't support it). do you think with god it's impossible?

notice the meaning in the god context:
"If you believe in a god, you are sure of the existence of that god."

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Tamir The reason why I rejected Islam is after close observation of Islamic countries standing in the globe, be it in technology, health, science, wealth, military and other socio-economic indicators. I realized the only reason for this can only be Islam, becuz that is the only unique common denonimator between them.

The other thing I noticed with Muslims is their not seeking the 'truth' but act like they are, they already have a 'belief bias' towards god and Islam and they spend their time searching for confirmation of this belief bias and pre-determined positions. The other thing is if God existed, it would cause to much problem compared to when he doesn't exist.

Just walk thru any hospital in the world and witness the anguish and pain of the patients and who is helping them? not god, he is sitting by idly like a twisted demented being, that's why I argue for god to exist will open up to many problems, without a god and a purely natural world is far easier to understand and explain.

The other thing you must take careful note from is in atheism and the scientific thought, people can hold beliefs, hypothesis, etc but it means nothing untill they find 'data' or evidence to support it, that's why in our philosophy we don't 'surrender' to anything and accept that change is inevitable once the 'data or evidence' is encountered. Where-as you argue that we need to 'surrender to allah' so your saying we need to hold a 'belief bias' first in order to accept Islam, that doesn't make Islam true but infact requires you corrupt yourself firt into a 'favourable' position towards it and not be totally 'impartial', this mean Islam is only true because u hold a bias towards it.

Last edited:

Phiirso

Getting draids inshallah
Thank you for this post, it's dead-on.

The only thing I'd add is that it isn't submission unbelievers have a problem with, it's a deep lack of understanding of how and more importantly why they should submit. Submission is easy. We submit to our parents, our teachers, our boss, trends in social media, etc. The question is why should we submit?

To submit is an act, a choice one makes, something we all can grasp. To submit to Allah is no choice. W/out his guidance in this world, your life is Hell. This is a hard concept to understand, especially if one doesn't grow up in a choiceless society. Fully submit to Allah and your life is good, don't and you shall suffer. That is no choice. Do x amount of squats and get a hundred dollars or do nothing and get no money. We all would do x amount of squats. This is the problem unbelievers can't fully grasp.

Everything in life always comes down to mindset. You either have the right mindset and with it, you prosper, or you don't. Submission by itself is a mindset where one understands hierarchies and accepts the realities that come from said submission. Submission to Allah is an even deeper mindset where one realizes how utterly futile their life is w/out guidance from Allah. Do x, get y. Do nothing, get nothing.

Knowing this, what is proper submission? What is proper submission to Allah?

You might fail your math class if you can't solve a hard math problem, but you'll truly fail in life if you don't fully understand how to submit to the will of Allah. Who would not choose to do 5 squats to win a hundred bucks except those who have no idea what a squat is and how to do it properly?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited: