What percent of Kenya is Bantu?

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
ive seen some somali kenyans good people their very good muslims and very religious but ive noticed they speak swahili more then somali
true sxb theres very good ones but ive seen a lot of somali kenyan coons on social media :( ive seen some trash our government and call the motherland a shithole :i83dwbv:

Apollo

VIP
i believe bantu's are around 25-30% theres way more nilotics :it0tdo8:

Many of the Bantus in Kenya are mixed with Nilotes and Cushites, but their language and culture is still Bantu and often it is their majority ancestry. Kikuyus, Merus, and Kambas (inland/highland) have the most of that non-Bantu ancestry among Kenyan Bantus, Luhyas (lake victoria) and Mijikendas (coastals) generally the least.

Many of the Bantus in Kenya are mixed with Nilotes and Cushites, but their language and culture is still Bantu and often it is their majority ancestry. Kikuyus, Merus, and Kambas (inland/highland) have the most of that non-Bantu ancestry among Kenyan Bantus, Luhyas (lake victoria) and Mijikendas (coastals) generally the least.
I heard most bantus are 30-40% West African.

Apollo

VIP
Wait, really!? :eek: I thought they had significant hadza or bushman dna.

Mainly the ones in Namibia, South Africa, Botswana (some Khoisan for the aforementioned) Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, parts of East Congo and North Tanzania (some Nilotic and/or Cushitic for the aforementioned) seem to have some pre-Bantu ancestry.

The ones in other Bantu countries/areas are largely near total replacement populations (especially Angola).

Mainly the ones in Namibia, South Africa, Botswana (some Khoisan for the aforementioned) Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, parts of East Congo and North Tanzania (some Nilotic and/or Cushitic for the aforementioned) seem to have some pre-Bantu ancestry.

The ones in other Bantu countries/areas are largely near total replacement populations (especially Angola).

I heard that Khoisan/bushman have Eurasian ancestry brought by early Cushitic-speakers who lived in East/south-east Africa. That they got their genes for lighter skin from this group, is that correct?

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
true sxb theres very good ones but ive seen a lot of somali kenyan coons on social media :( ive seen some trash our government and call the motherland a shithole :i83dwbv:
Majority of those coons are Nairobi raised Dhaqan Celis. If their was animosity between Great Britain and Somalia how many Somalis would be cussing Somalia for “their country”.

Reer Garissa iyo Reer Mandera are extremely Reer Baadiyo and mostly identify with just being Somali. This goes with many other kenyan ethnic groups just in lesser numbers than Somalis.

Trending

Latest posts