what modern day civilization would you say is the todays version of ancient greece/egypt/mesopotamia

Tukraq

VIP
USA is very much the Persian Empire of our time.

We'll have to wait & see if China as a rising power can pull-off an Alexander the great victory against the USA (the Persians of our time) :icon lol:
persia kulaha, US is like an empire never seen before and brought us out of the dark ages of candles and horse carriages to landing on the moon and smart phones, I don't think Rome and Persia compare tbh

Tukraq

VIP
Wtf, of course not, the EU has way more people. Japan is like comparable to Germany which is just one country in the EU.
this is about center of world power though not population, id also consider Israel in the mix, also Germany is the EU, rest of the countries outside France are net negatives and bringing it down and not real additions

Apollo

VIP
this is about center of world power though not population, id also consider Israel in the mix, also Germany is the EU, rest of the countries outside France are net negatives and bringing it down and not real additions

:dead: Israel is kind of irrelevant when it comes to global power. It may be important when it comes to conflicts, but not power.

The really powerful Jews largely live in the diaspora (mainly the US). When people make up all those Jew conspiracies they are talking about diaspora Jews (like George Soros, Mark Zuckerburg, the Google CEOs etc) rather than the ones who live in Israel.

Germany isn't the EU, lol. France is almost as big economically and gives the EU more money than it takes. Countries like Poland take more money than they give, not France.

Tukraq

VIP
:dead: Israel is kind of irrelevant when it comes to global power. It may be important when it comes to conflicts, but not power.

The really powerful Jews largely live in the diaspora (mainly the US). When people make up all those Jew conspiracies they are talking about diaspora Jews (like George Soros, Mark Zuckerburg, the Google CEOs etc) rather than the ones who live in Israel.

Germany isn't the EU, lol. France is almost as big economically and gives the EU more money than it takes. Countries like Poland take more money than they give, not France.
I said outside France which is okay but not impressive, Germany does better, but like I said most of these countries aren't additions but debt like Portugal and Greece

Apollo

VIP
I said outside France which is okay but not impressive, Germany does better, but like I said most of these countries aren't additions but debt like Portugal and Greece

There are some semi-shitholes (by developed world standards) in the EU, especially in the East, but there are also many very advanced countries think of the Netherlands, Sweden, Belgium, Denmark, Ireland, Finland, Austria.

Middle tier ones like Spain and Italy are also not that bad either. They have massive populations as well.

Tukraq

VIP
isreals underrated tbh but fly under the radar, especially after beating all the arab countries at once and their level of tech development which I consider only after USA, Japan, and china, they have a small population which is there only shortcoming, id take Israel and Iran power wise over most of these euro countries outside Germany, France and UK

Apollo

VIP
isreals underrated tbh but fly under the radar, especially after beating all the arab countries at once and their level of tech development which I consider only after USA, Japan, and china, they have a small population which is there only shortcoming, id take Israel and Iran power wise over most of these euro countries outside Germany, France and UK

Israel's economy is about the same size as the one of Greece.

Please overestimate the geopolitical power of Israel because of the diaspora Jews, but in reality it is an economic dwarf that is held together by Western aid.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
None at all. You cannot compare ancient civilizations with modern civilizations because of technological vast differences. Ancient civilizations could not travel or communicate around the world like the current civilizations thus lowering their influence.

For example, Mesopotamia only influenced Anatolia, Levant region, southwest Iran, Caucus mountains and northern Arabian peninsula while Greece only influenced the mediterranean sea and Egypt only influenced Libya, Sudan, the horn region and Levant region.

Ancient civilizations were regional powers at best while the current civilizations such as the US, Russians and Chinese are global superpowers that influence the world in many departments.