What it's like to have schizophrenia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man this is an eye opener. They are ridiculously strong for even getting through one day, let alone every day like this.

Man this is an eye opener. They are ridiculously strong for even getting through one day, let alone every day like this.

Yeah it' so tough. Every day is a battle. Many also don't benefit from medication and are treatment resistant.

Good thread Shamis. I knew a friend of the family who had schizophrenia. She was prone to smiling and laughing when nothing funny had been said by anyone. It was a bit disturbing to watch. She was also accident prone.

Her family knew little about the condition and yelled at her a lot. As if that was gonna help. There's a serious lack of awareness about mental disorders among these qaxootis. Autism and schizophrenia can drag on for years without medical intervention, by which time damage has been done.

This video is a good primer on the subject. Came as a surprise to me some of the things involved in a psychotic episode.

Good thread Shamis. I knew a friend of the family who had schizophrenia. She was prone to smiling and laughing when nothing funny had been said by anyone. It was a bit disturbing to watch. She was also accident prone.

Her family knew little about the condition and yelled at her a lot. As if that was gonna help. There's a serious lack of awareness about mental disorders among these qaxootis. Autism and schizophrenia can drag on for years without medical intervention, by which time damage has been done.

This video is a good primer on the subject. Came as a surprise to me some of the things involved in a psychotic episode.

Sounds like the voices and/or hallucinations were making her laugh.

Somalis don't understand mental health problems, that's why you see people with physical health problems flown abroad for treatment and people with mental health problems tied up with chains and left to rot. Mentally ill require constant care just like someone who is paralysed would. They find it hard to cook, clean, bathe, watch TV, read etc because their senses have been hijacked by this disease.

They also left out tactile hallucinations,you can feel things that aren't there.

Vision

If its on mainstream media, don't believe it
These people must be possesed. They should treat them with sheikh sudais

:gucciwhat:

I just watched a movie somewhat about this. Its called a "A beautiful mind" its about some mathematician called John Nash. I don't wanna spoil it but Schizophrenia had a big part to do with it. I recommend it, it was a good watch :nvjpqts:

I just watched a movie somewhat about this. Its called a "A beautiful mind" its about some mathematician called John Nash. I don't wanna spoil it but Schizophrenia had a big part to do with it. I recommend it, it was a good watch :nvjpqts:

I've only heard good things about this film. I really ought to watch it.

VIP
I rented a room in calgary a few years ago and one of the roommates was schizophrenic. Craziest 3 months of my life. I was too scared to even leave my room. He'd laugh randomly and kept telling ppl strippers were after him. One day the brother just snapped and tried to assassinate me. Voices in his head told him I was conspiring against him and had to be taken out. He destroyed the bedroom door with a bench press bar. Said my shahada and was ready to go.

I rented a room in calgary a few years ago and one of the roommates was schizophrenic. Craziest 3 months of my life. I was too scared to even leave my room. He'd laugh randomly and kept telling ppl strippers were after him. One day the brother just snapped and tried to assassinate me. Voices in his head told him I was conspiring against him and had to be taken out. He destroyed the bedroom door with a bench press bar. Said my shahada and was ready to go.

Oh no! That sounds so scary! What happened next?

Called the landlord, he got to the house on time and they got into it. Cops came and took him away. But honestly, I had cisors in my hands and was ready to end him.

Good thing you had a phone nearby. A friend of mine wears dental implants because a man with schizophrenia attacked him with a chair in a restaurant. He's in a lock down hospital for 5 years because of that. I feel sorry for schizophrenics, toughest illness to battle and they die younger than other people too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending