What it means to be Somali, Turk an Arab

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
I do not even have to quote or say anything we know what it means to be Somali.

Being Somali is basically a recent identity. The Somali people did not exist pre-islamic. With that I mean the term Somali. The term was invented after Islam. Now we do not know where this term originated from. Some say the ancient Arab word : Dhawamaal which means Richness (in livestock). others say from Soo and Maal which means Go and Milk. (Which is the dumbest explanation in my honest opinion).

Now what does it mean to be a Somali:

Most people will say:

1: To descend from the major clans (or minority clans)
2: Nothing else that is the only thing according to majority of Somalis which makes you a Somali.

Now if we look at other a other ethnic group.

Regarding Kemal Pasha's Ethnic

1585755461400.png

WE TURKISH PEOPLE ARE NOT BASED ON ETHNIC. WE ARE AN IMPERIAL NATION. WE ARE MIXED WITH BALKANS PERSIANS SLAVS ARABS ARMENIANS GREEKS AND ALL OTHER NATIVE ANATOLIAN PEOPLES and BEING TURKISH IS BASED ON LANGUAGE AND CULTURE NOT ETHNIC. THANK YOU GREEKS.

Turks are a cultural and linguistic group.

• Genealogy: Someone who can trace his or her ancestry to the Arab tribes, from the Arabian Desert, Syrian Desert and neighboring areas
  • Ancestry: belonging to Arab people, inherited from grandparents, or denoting an ancestor or ancestors.
  • Self-concept: a person who defines himself as "Arab"
  • Attribution of identity: Someone, who is seen by others as an Arab, based on their notions of ethnicity (for example, people of northern Sudan, who can be seen both as African and/or Arab)
  • Linguistic: Someone whose first language, and, by extension, cultural expression, is Arabic.
  • Culture: someone who was brought up with Arab culture
  • Political: Someone, whose country is a member of the League of Arab States and who shares political associations with the Arab countries. (for example, Somalis and Djiboutians)
  • Societal: Someone who lives in or identifies with an Arab society
  • Nationality: one who is a national of an Arab state

Haye markaa

Now we see most of those fit the description of a Somali.

But most would argue Somalis do not fit the description of Arabs.

Look at this video where they included many Afro-Arabs who have stronger features than Somalis.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now let's look at this hadith which state one is Arab if he speaks Arabic:

Now we see what defines each group.

Apollo

VIP
Nah, Somalis are close to over 3,000 years old. It is not a recent identity. Maybe the name is, but not the group.

Turk and especially Arab are much more loose / less real identities. Not at all comparable.

Our Ethnic identity is based on lineage/qabiil, language & culture.

If you have at least lineage in combination with the other two components then i regard you as an Ethnic Somali. Race is completely irrelevant.

CaliTedesse

VIP
Our Ethnic identity is based on lineage/qabiil, language & culture.

If you have at least lineage in combination with the other two components then i regard you as an Ethnic Somali. Race is completely irrelevant.
You mean like if one marries Bantu and the kid marries Bantu again but they speak Somali and grandfather was Somali, they are still Somali while looking like this.

Then yes Somali is not a racial identity.

You mean like if one marries Bantu and the kid marries Bantu again but they speak Somali and grandfather was Somali, they are still Somali while looking like this.

Then yes Somali is not a racial identity.
According to Somali Xeer/law, they'd be deemed a Somali, since they have lineage & are culturally Somali. Although, they'll still suffer racism due to their appearance by other Somalis.
:kanyeshrug:

CaliTedesse

VIP
According to Somali law, they'd be deemed a Somali, since they have lineage & are culturally Somali. Although, they'll still suffer racism due to their appearance by other Somalis.
:kanyeshrug:
The Bantu can easily dominate that way they just need to have one Bantu with Somali father and give all their daughters to him kkkkkk.

The Bantu can easily dominate that way they just need to have one Bantu with Somali father and give all their daughters to him kkkkkk.
In reality though, 99% of the time when a Somali man marries a foreign women she is usually from a North African or Middle Eastern racial background, and occasionally a European/White female who converts to Islam.

There will be no Bantu takeover sxb :icon lol:

CaliTedesse

VIP
In reality though, 99% of the time when a Somali man marries a foreign women she is usually from a North African or Middle Eastern racial background, and occasionally a European/White female who converts to Islam.

There will be no Bantu takeover sxb :icon lol:
I honestly believe there are already many Bantus with Somali ancestry wallahi. Akhi the Bantu booty waa irresistible. I guarantee you many have married Bantu females. And then the Bantu Somalis wil breed with the new Cadcad Somalis getting created and create the sickest breeds. kkkkkkk. The skinny Abdi will be a minority in the future.

I honestly believe there are already many Bantus with Somali ancestry wallahi. Akhi the Bantu booty waa irresistible. I guarantee you many have married Bantu females. And then the Bantu Somalis wil breed with the new Cadcad Somalis getting created and create the sickest breeds. kkkkkkk. The skinny Abdi will be a minority in the future.
So are you in agreement with me the Somali Ethnic identity is not a racial one?

Weren’t the Turks originated from the steppe? I’ve heard that they were also remnants from a conquered tribe that sought a westward journey.

Apollo

VIP
So are you in agreement with me the Somali Ethnic identity is not a racial one?

It is neither 100% really. It is a mix of both. Let's be real, Somalis would not truly consider a 3/4 Chinese 1/4 Somali with Somali abtiris and speaking the language at a high standard as completely their equal. That person would definitely face people questioning his Somalinimo often. Just like Europeans today ask questions like ''Where are you really really from'' to off-looking people who claim French, German, British etc.

CaliTedesse

VIP
Weren’t the Turks originated from the steppe? I’ve heard that they were also remnants from a conquered tribe that sought a westward journey.
Yeah they were but Turks have formed a new identity.

It is neither 100% really. It is a mix of both. Let's be real, Somalis would not truly consider a 3/4 Chinese 1/4 Somali with Somali abtiris and speaking the language at a high standard as completely their equal. That person would definitely face people questioning his Somalinimo often. Just like Europeans today ask questions like ''Where are you really really from'' to off-looking people who claim French, German, British etc.
A Somali with Chinese/East Asian ancestry will surely raise eyebrows, since they're genetically mixed with a very distant population coupled with the fact that Caucasoid/Med features & to a lesser extent Black African features are seen as the norm in our society.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
The most important thing is the abtirsi, I'd be weird, since Somalis don't usually mix, but he'd be considered a memeber of that qabiil of his father thus a somali

CaliTedesse

VIP
Do you know when this was?
Most preciely with creation of Turkish state because only the Anatolians used to be called Turk under Ottoman state, the rest reffered to themselves as Ottoman it was after Turks and The Young Turks adopted European nationalist ideas that they started to refer to themselves as Turk too.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
A Somali with Chinese/East Asian ancestry will surely raise eyebrows, since they're genetically mixed with a very distant population coupled with the fact that Caucasoid/Med features & to a lesser extent Black African features are seen as the norm in our society.
Im not sure which region your from but Somalis with bantu features constantly get asked similiar questions of “Somali miyaad tahay” in the deep south.

Forget Bantus the few half oromo children that resulted from the Gaalo Maadow wars were usually branded with names to distinguish them from the pure breeds. Somali Xeer law changes where you are and according to oral traditions from where i’m from half Bantu kids were rare and when they did happen they were usually considered illegitimate.

as to black features that can cover many variants and they are definitely not all commonplace in Somalia.

Trending