What is your opinion on GERD dam in Ethiopia?

Somali Saayid

There is no surrender, We Win or We Die.
VIP
I think it's impossible to blow up without nuclear weapons
Lemme get my buddy Putin on the line.
Tonight Show Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
I support it.

Ethiopia has the right to make use of its own water
iTs oWN wAttAH

I thought you were smarter than that.

The water of the Nile belongs to all of them. They should benefits from it. It makes no sense that ETH cut the water from EYPT and think things will be ok.

Not like the Egyptians can do anything about it anymore. The point of no return has already been reached because the Ethiopians have already started filling the dam. If the Egyptians were to blow it up now it would flood Khartoum. Which would cause sanctions to rain on Cairo and Sudan maybe even attacking Egypt.

I found it good as long as it doesn't cut off Egypt's water supplies or make conflicts with it.
The Egyptians act as if the water belongs to them. They should have seen this day coming as a downstream country. Expect the best and prepare for the worst, as they say. The only reason they need as much water as they do is because their farming relies on inefficient, water-intensive practices. They should have innovated while they had the time.

iTs oWN wAttAH

I thought you were smarter than that.

The water of the Nile belongs to all of them. They should benefits from it. It makes no sense that ETH cut the water from EYPT and think things will be ok.

what-lebron-james.gif

Taas maxay tahay, walaal

:umwhat:

Nowhere did I state that Ethiopia should utilise that water without any regard for Sudan and Egypt; and colonial era 'Agreements' assigned far too much to Egypt, to the detriment of others.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
The nile runs through all of North East Africa into Uganda but Egypt took all the water rights on the word of the British.
I believe no treaty made by the British in Africa should not be valid. Just like Ethiopia got the Ogaden on the words of England, the Egyptians have no right to hold the rest of North East Africa as hostage when they want to utilise their portion of the nile.

In the event of a war however, i don't care about Arabs or Ethiopians but having a bunch of Ethiopians flooding somalia as refugees would be a catastrophic event for us. Having Egyptians become refugees would also be devastating as you would have a large population of 100 million in ruins whilst possibly tens of millions trying to get into neighbourin counties especially in Europe which would change the European stance on immigration and race politics instantly. We could see an unprecedented number of Egyptian refugees into Europe finnaly be the thing the pushed Europe into the far right.

If this ever happened and Ethiopia was on the loosing side. I see all the different ethnic groups either dividing including the somalis in galbeed. Or it would rally all Ethiopians against a war against the Arabs. Either way, Somalis both in galbeed and the rest of Somaliweyn should play the situation to their advantage.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
The Egyptians act as if the water belongs to them. They should have seen this day coming as a downstream country. Expect the best and prepare for the worst, as they say. The only reason they need as much water as they do is because their farming relies on inefficient, water-intensive practices. They should have innovated while they had the time.
They act as if the water belong to everyone. They don't want any part to utilize the water without considering other parts involved.

They act as if the water belong to everyone. They don't want any part to utilize the water without considering other parts involved.

Snl Queen GIF by Saturday Night Live

Yes, that's precisely why they constantly evoke the colonial era 'Agreement' and why they constantly dangle the spectre of military force if their disproportionate share of the Nile's water isn't viewed and treated as sacrosanct by the rest of us in the Nile Basin.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Snl Queen GIF by Saturday Night Live

Yes, that's precisely why they constantly evoke the colonial era 'Agreement' and why they constantly dangle the spectre of military force if their disproportionate share of the Nile's water isn't viewed and treated as sacrosanct by the rest of us in the Nile Basin.
Egypt went from that position long time ago. They are asking for slow fill up of the DAM, which hurt them less, while ETH wants quick fill up, in other word locking up huge amount of water, which will hurt Egypt very badly. EGY is asking for slow fill up right now.

Trending