What is your guys opinions on why birthrate is so low in countries which are more developed?

I had an argument with a guy on the reasons why birthrate is so low, I argued that it was cultural reasons but he argued that it was financial reasons.

I told him then why do poorer people have more kids and he said because they need more kids as there is a chance they will make money for their family. For me his rebuttal made no sense because it has nothing to do with the amount of money they have it just has to do with their outlook on money, which goes down to the culture. Anyway what do you guys think, also please provide any research or articles or books you have read on this topic

I had an argument with a guy on the reasons why birthrate is so low, I argued that it was cultural reasons but he argued that it was financial reasons.

I told him then why do poorer people have more kids and he said because they need more kids as there is a chance they will make money for their family. For me his rebuttal made no sense because it has nothing to do with the amount of money they have it just has to do with their outlook on money, which goes down to the culture. Anyway what do you guys think, also please provide any research or articles or books you have read on this topic
Cost of living. The housing crisses is fucking up millenials & gen z bad. Only generation where it's common to see 25+ year olds still living with their parents.

Screenshot_20230111-135513_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20230111-135556_Brave.jpg

Omar del Sur

علم السلف > علم الخلف
VIP

"it's the economy" narrative is fake. more liberal, less religious culture = lower fertility; more conservative, more religious culture = higher fertility.

you can almost sort of measure how religious and conservative a country is by its birth rate.

It was pretty common in the past to live with your parents, and also many cultures today, its not abnormal
25+ was uncommon bro come on. We're talking people in their 30's even still living with hooyo & aabo. That's ridiculous fully grown people who should've had their own families by then.

25+ was uncommon bro come on. We're talking people in their 30's even still living with hooyo & aabo. That's ridiculous
Your thinking too much about 10 to 20 years ago, look at countries around the world, look at 10 200 300 years ago, living with your parents was very common for older people even if they were married

Your thinking too much about 10 to 20 years ago, look at countries around the world, look at 10 200 300 years ago, living with your parents was very common for older people even if they were married
Difference is these people would love to move out but they can't afford it. Some people can't even afford a relationship nowadays :mjlol:

Women settle down at a later age nowadays because of access to careers. Look up data on the average age to get married 100 years ago vs today

Awad

عادل | جامعة الدفاع العربي
Western parents don't have the pre-industrialized notion of their children being labor, they want to be involved in their childrens lives and ultimately push them to be productive members of society. You can't do that when you raise 8+ children like sardines while having a working class income

Western parents don't have the pre-industrialized notion of their children being labor, they want to be involved in their childrens lives and ultimately push them to be productive members of society. You can't do that when you raise 8+ children like sardines while having a working class income
Thats what they did in the past, no?

"it's the economy" narrative is fake. more liberal, less religious culture = lower fertility; more conservative, more religious culture = higher fertility.

you can almost sort of measure how religious and conservative a country is by its birth rate.
Anyone that lives in a big city will tell you this is. We're going through an economic crisis, with working-class couples living in two income household are struggling to pay for energy bills in places like the UK.

I find that those that downplay the economic realities of today's current society tend to be young and unmarried.

Trending

Latest posts