What Is Wahhabism? - Shaykh Hamza Yusuf

Hamza Yusuf: "The petrodollars (Saudi) have enabled massive amounts of literate that I would consider pretty extreme to flood the Arab world. A lot of modern Arab youth have really been indoctrinated into a type of Islam that historically was very alien to Islam and the bitter fruit of that is now emerging in places like Syria, Libya, Iraq and Yemen."

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Hamza Yusuf: "The petrodollars (Saudi) have enabled massive amounts of literate that I would consider pretty extreme to flood the Arab world. A lot of modern Arab youth have really been indoctrinated into a type of Islam that historically was very alien to Islam and the bitter fruit of that is now emerging in places like Syria, Libya, Iraq and Yemen."

It is calling motorcycles devils horses and make a fatwa to takfiir anyone who use it, then remove that fatwa after few years.

Making a fatwa for banning women from driving, then after decades of making women struggling, call for lefting that fatwa and ban, and say " it is permissible for women to drive, it always was." And more.

Hamza Yusuf basically works for the US government. Of course they want to get rid of Salafism. It isn't in line with the Westernization they want to force on Muslims.

Making a fatwa for banning women from driving, then after decades of making women struggling, call for lefting that fatwa and ban, and say " it is permissible for women to drive, it always was." And more.

Sheikh Fawzan is the biggest living Salafi scholar and he has never changed his position on that issue. There is no need to lie.

If you're going to discuss Salafism, fine, but people shouldn't lie and say Salafiyyah teaches khawarij ideology.

Sheikh Fawzan is the biggest living Salafi scholar and he is against groups like ISIS and Al-Shabaab.

Sheikh Ibn Baz, Sheikh Uthaymeen, Sheikh Albaani were against that kind of thing.

If people are going to criticize Salafis they shouldn't lie and say Salafism teaches khawarij ideology.

I am not necessarily saying I am for or against Salafism. I just don't think it is good to lie to people and also Hamza Yusuf is basically a US government agent.

greenvegetables

halal and earthy
Some of y'all aren't anti-salafism or anti-terrorism you're anti-haqq. Yes women were banned from driving in Saudi because women aren't to leave the house without the permission of a male guardian.

Ibn Abbas reported: “The man must not be alone with a woman except in the presence of her (Mahram). No woman should travel except in the company of a (Mahram).

It is what it is. And as for being upon the tradition of the salaf (the righteous predecessors) it is sunnah.

Imām al-Barbahārī (rahimahullāh, died 329 AH) stated: “Know that Allah’s Messenger (salallāhu ‘alaihi wasallam) said: “My ummah will divide into 73 sects, all of them will be in the Fire except for one, and that is the Jamā’ah.” It was said, “And who are they, O Allah’s Messenger?” He (salallāhu ‘alaihi wasallam) responded, “That which I and my Companions are upon today.”

Hamza Yusuf is a deviant and an agent and its very telling that you're drawing to him for any type of "proof".

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
I am not necessarily saying I am for or against Salafism. I just don't think it is good to lie to people and also Hamza Yusuf is basically a US government agent.

You are saying things that you cannot prove to cast doubt on a mans faith and integrity, a man who tells people nothing but to love and worship Allah and honour and respect his prophet SAW.

Then you say lies are bad. I agree 👀

You are saying things that you cannot prove to cast doubt on a mans faith and integrity, a man who tells people nothing but to love and worship Allah and honour and respect his prophet SAW.

Then you say lies are bad. I agree 👀

How do you know that I can't prove that Hamza Yusuf works for the US government?

It is a well-known fact that Hamza Yusuf has worked for the US government. It isn't really a secret.

QueenofKings

How do you know that I can't prove that Hamza Yusuf works for the US government?

It is a well-known fact that Hamza Yusuf has worked for the US government. It isn't really a secret.

Ok fair point. I’d love to see the evidence as I also don’t want to support a dodgy person.

It’s time for Muslim Americans to condemn Hamza Yusuf

"Last week, Secretary of State and top Islamophobe Mike Pompeo announced the formation of the Commission on Unalienable Rights which will advise Trump on human rights and examine how “words like ‘rights’ can be used for good or evil”. It includes some of the most conservative people in the country and will be chaired by Mary Ann Glendon, a Harvard law professor and an advocate of the “flexible universalism” of human rights, who once campaigned against enshrining abortion as an international human right at the 1995 UN women’s conference in Beijing. Subsequently, it was announced that Yusuf will also be a member of the commission.

Some Muslims welcomed his appointment, arguing that his presence there would undoubtedly have a positive effect and could help counter the Trump administration’s pervasive Islamophobia. This argument, however, ignores the fact that two years of intense work by the Muslim community to challenge acts of institutionalised Islamophobia, such as the Muslim ban, have not changed Trump’s mind. It also overlooks Yusuf’s own background

In fact, if his past has taught us anything, it is that he is quite comfortable rubber-stamping the violent actions of oppressive governments – actions he is never going to be the target of as a cis, white male living in the US.

In September 2001, shortly after the terror attacks on the US, he was the sole Muslim representative in a delegation of religious leaders who met President George W Bush and endorsed his decision to launch a military campaign against terrorism – ie, his “war on terror“."

QueenofKings

It’s time for Muslim Americans to condemn Hamza Yusuf

"Last week, Secretary of State and top Islamophobe Mike Pompeo announced the formation of the Commission on Unalienable Rights which will advise Trump on human rights and examine how “words like ‘rights’ can be used for good or evil”. It includes some of the most conservative people in the country and will be chaired by Mary Ann Glendon, a Harvard law professor and an advocate of the “flexible universalism” of human rights, who once campaigned against enshrining abortion as an international human right at the 1995 UN women’s conference in Beijing. Subsequently, it was announced that Yusuf will also be a member of the commission.

Some Muslims welcomed his appointment, arguing that his presence there would undoubtedly have a positive effect and could help counter the Trump administration’s pervasive Islamophobia. This argument, however, ignores the fact that two years of intense work by the Muslim community to challenge acts of institutionalised Islamophobia, such as the Muslim ban, have not changed Trump’s mind. It also overlooks Yusuf’s own background

In fact, if his past has taught us anything, it is that he is quite comfortable rubber-stamping the violent actions of oppressive governments – actions he is never going to be the target of as a cis, white male living in the US.

In September 2001, shortly after the terror attacks on the US, he was the sole Muslim representative in a delegation of religious leaders who met President George W Bush and endorsed his decision to launch a military campaign against terrorism – ie, his “war on terror“."

Thanks for linking,

The Pomepeo thing I didn’t see as problematic but other stuff did make me raise an eye brow ( and I learned the article doesn’t even mention his most strange views.)

My opinion now is that he seems to hold some superficial ideas, which aren’t really based on facts. That should be called out defo. But other stuff is just part of his Sufi identity, and I see his thinking behind it. A bit of a mixed bag.