What is the history school curriculum in Somalia/Somaliland?

Som

VIP
The siad barre governement was involved in promoting archeological and historical research in our country but unfortunately everything stopped after the civil war. I was wondering what is taught today in somalia/somaliland during history classes. What's the curriculum? Do they study medieval sultanates and ancient somali city states?

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You can basically divide Somali history in to 5 categories:
-Pre-Islamic era (They briefly talk how Somalis used to trade with China, India, Persia and the Arabs. The land of Punt being located in Somalia lol.)
- Islamic era (Adal, Ahmed Gurey, Ajuran etc., Somali city states mentioned are Zeila, Berbera, Merka, Mogadishu, Barawe etc.)
- Gumaysi era (Darwish etc.)
- Gobanimo era(SYL etc.)
- Burburkii era(1991)

Here are some of the history textbooks from the Kacaan goverment:

OffTheDome

Proud American

You can basically divide Somali history in to 5 categories:
-Pre-Islamic era (They briefly talk how Somalis used to trade with China, India, Persia and the Arabs. The land of Punt being located in Somalia lol.)
- Islamic era (Adal, Ahmed Gurey, Ajuran etc., Somali city states mentioned are Zeila, Berbera, Merka, Mogadishu, Barawe etc.)
- Gumaysi era (Darwish etc.)
- Gobanimo era(SYL etc.)
- Burburkii era(1991)

Here are some of the history textbooks from the Kacaan goverment:
That’s basically how the curriculum is, Somalis need to improve the education sector of our society. I think we have a lot of potential when it comes to STEM Learning

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
That’s basically how the curriculum is, Somalis need to improve the education sector of our society. I think we have a lot of potential when it comes to STEM Learning
As you probably already know, many schools went online due to Corona. I've been checking their contents for fun and it's really embarrassing how they keep mixing Somali and English. It was a whole mess, I even some poor students in the comments complaining about it lool

I seriously don't get why they haven't utilized the science eray-bixin books?