What is the appropriate name for the Somali region in Ethiopia?

Nafiso Qalanjo

π–‚π–Š'π–—π–Š π–Œπ–”π–Žπ–“π–Œ 𝖙𝖔 π–œπ–†π–— π–‡π–†π–‡π–ž!
When I use to call it Ogaden/Ogadenia I was corrected and told its Somali Galbeed because their are other clans there also. When I call it Somali Galbeed I am told ''its not Somali Galbeed because it isnt a part of Somalia''.:drakewtf: I heard some people call it Haud ( dont know if i wrote it right), but its not a popular term so if I use it people will bound to get confused.

To call it the Somali region sounds too westernized I dont like it, but I will use for the sake of this post. :yousmart:

To all of you zoomelians that live in the Somali region wareerka naka dhaf and come up with an official name you all agree with for the place your living in plz. :faysalwtf:
Your not only confusing us, but yourselves too.:noneck:

Hassan mahat

I karbash wahabist salafis daily.
When I use to call it Ogaden/Ogadenia I was corrected and told its Somali Galbeed because their are other clans there also. When I call it Somali Galbeed I am told ''its not Somali Galbeed because it isnt a part of Somalia''.:drakewtf: I heard some people call it Haud ( dont know if i wrote it right), but its not a popular term so if I use it people will bound to get confused.

To call it the Somali region sounds too westernized I dont like it, but I will use for the sake of this post. :yousmart:

To all of you zoomelians that live in the Somali region wareerka naka dhaf and come up with an official name you all agree with for the place your living in plz. :faysalwtf:
Your not only confusing us, but yourselves too.:noneck:
I am from that region. Although I am Ogaden, I think Ogadenia will exclude other tribes, even if we are the majority. In my opinion it should be called β€œSomali region of Ethiopia”.
Btw, thanks for the acknowledgment, since we are not talked about that much.

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
I’m biased so of course Ogadenia but y’all need to come up with a new name once we become free soo yaaca :hemad: :hemad:

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
Where is settings sorry I'm clueless πŸ₯΄
Pretty sure it’s this
E0E9E6C6-C65D-4192-8CA7-69C159C70CE4.jpeg
8D5B998C-992C-423F-AFA5-C8C9B1745742.jpeg

Attachments

• DE534990-745E-4912-B8AE-E338D5699EB6.jpeg
    DE534990-745E-4912-B8AE-E338D5699EB6.jpeg
    445.8 KB · Views: 58

Nafiso Qalanjo

π–‚π–Š'π–—π–Š π–Œπ–”π–Žπ–“π–Œ 𝖙𝖔 π–œπ–†π–— π–‡π–†π–‡π–ž!
I’m biased so of course Ogadenia but y’all need to come up with a new name once we become free soo yaaca :hemad: :hemad:
The existence of other clans that live there:
pxL4Lof.jpg

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
Soomaali Galbeed ama Dawlad Deegaanka Soomaalida Itoobiya.

It should never be called Ogadenia
since the provinces of Shinile, the entire Faafan/Jigjiga
Liban (Filtu,Moyaale, Dolo Odo, Hudaat)
Western and central part of Nogob
(Maymaluk, Salaxaad, Lagaxidha and Xamaro)

Western and Northern part of Afdheer
(Qarsadhula, Gura dhamul, Goorobaqaaq, Jararti, Galbeedka Iimey)

The entire Hawd desert consists of northern Gaashaamo and northern Awaare which is situated in North of Jarar province.
The Isaaqs do not lay any ownership what's further South like the city of Dhegaxbuur or Awaare city and they are governed by them.

It's one sided and illogical to dismiss the larger numbers of Non Ogadens inhabiting the region.

There are also small pockets of non Ogadens living in Qoraxay province (towns surrounding qabridahar and small villages scattered across Shilaabo along the riverbanks)
The eastern part of Shabeelle province (Qalaafo, Mustaxiil and Ferfer)
Small towns of marexaan, raxanweyn and hawiye
East of Dollo/Wardheer(Bookh and Galaadi which are close to the border are majerteen immigrants )
they are outnumbered by the Makaahiil majority although these small minority are causing havoc in Wardheer atm , their numbers are gradually increasing soon enough they'll lay ownership in Wardheer.
This particular province are the birthplace for most Ogaden subclans where today their birthplace are being encroached but instead of confronting they move onto different territories and push people away and displace them.

There a small minorities along the shared pourous border
What the map looks like today
Somali_region_map_Ethiopia.png

What it should like based on Qabiil demographics
unnamed (2).jpg

I'm not against Ogaden as they are my Absame reer ayeeyo but they need to be logical and come to conclusion.

Last edited:

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Somali galbeed, doesn't mean that the region is part of Somalia. Somali lands were divided into 5 regions, north, south, nfd, Djibouti, and western Somalia aka ogadenia. So somali galbeed or kilinka shanaad are the appropied names for it.