What is something you believe people should be more aware about?

giphy.gif

Social media isn’t real. Even if you talk to someone on there, that doesn’t make them your “friend.”

Isku taasho. Have your own (money, education, reputation). Have your life goals and plans or else someone will do it for you.

Be intentional. Befriend people that share similar ambitions, drive and goals as you. Do not befriend someone because they’re from your neighbourhood, or you’re both Somali (this was the biggest lesson for me). Just because someone is Somali does not mean you’re the same.

The path to success is lonely. Take it anyways.

Enjoy life. Travel, explore new places, try new things. Don’t wait for others.

Anisah The Serpent

☼ The sun is alone but it still shines ☼
Social media isn’t real. Even if you talk to someone on there, that doesn’t make them your “friend.”

Isku taasho. Have your own (money, education, reputation). Have your life goals and plans or else someone will do it for you.

Be intentional. Befriend people that share similar ambitions, drive and goals as you. Do not befriend someone because they’re from your neighbourhood, or you’re both Somali (this was the biggest lesson for me). Just because someone is Somali does not mean you’re the same.

The path to success is lonely. Take it anyways.

Enjoy life. Travel, explore new places, try new things. Don’t wait for others.
giphy.gif

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
If you don't want to tear up when cutting onions use a damp wet cloth put it next to your cutting board and chop as many onions you want without crying

When in awkward social situations LIMIT THE DAMAGE.

I was calling a guy for work advice and accidentally said ‘say salaam to the family’ at the end.

~30 mins later I send a voice message trying to apologize for getting too personal. I couldn’t clearly admit I was wrong, and it sounded like I stood by what I said and then cussed him.

He called me soon after and we cleared it up.
Man.

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
When in awkward social situations LIMIT THE DAMAGE.

I was calling a guy for work advice and accidentally said ‘say salaam to the family’ at the end.

~30 mins later I send a voice message trying to apologize for getting too personal. I couldn’t clearly admit I was wrong, and it sounded like I stood by what I said and then cussed him.

He called me soon after and we cleared it up.
Man.

Its a little familiar but it’s not bad to say salaams his family IMO. I think it says more about him if he was offended by that.

Trending

Latest posts