What is somali culture?

Serious post no trolling, why do we act like traditions and culture are the biggest part of being Somali? Is being somali idolizing customs from 100s of years ago? If you made a time machine and brought a Somali person from the 1800s to today I think the most “somali” of us would look bizarre in how we act. Culture changes over time, the only people who don’t like changes and dick ride the past are conservatives and a white conservative in 2020 would be shunned by someone from 1920. This notion that we have had a single culture and are leaving it is nonsense.

Somalis need to focus on the future not the past. In fact the only living Somali essence is now in the the diaspora. We maintain the culture whilst those back home sit around doing nothing, waiting for remittance.

Much like jewish culture moved from eastern europe to america. Somalis have moved to the west.

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
We need to move with the times and become more modernized laakin we should also remember our culture and hold it dear to our hearts. Its what makes us unique from others

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Serious post no trolling, why do we act like traditions and culture are the biggest part of being Somali? Is being somali idolizing customs from 100s of years ago? If you made a time machine and brought a Somali person from the 1800s to today I think the most “somali” of us would look bizarre in how we act. Culture changes over time, the only people who don’t like changes and **** ride the past are conservatives and a white conservative in 2020 would be shunned by someone from 1920. This notion that we have had a single culture and are leaving it is nonsense.

Somali culture, is exclusively Somalis members, xenophobic, fore head stamps, baasto & bariis, laxox./malawaax/angelo/angera, visit somali restaurant, listen to bbc somalia, smoke shiisha, make fun of Madow, or listening to somali songs

@Shmurda @Life @SuleymanPitt culture is what we make it. We make the rules on the future. We chose what’s the identity. Somali tradition and things are nice and everyone has a heritage and should be proud. But letting those things dictate how we proceed sounds retarded. Since the 1500s Other people have gone through imperialism, feudalism, capitalism and we want to base our future off nomads? Literally the stage before agriculture? How?

@Shmurda @Life @SuleymanPitt culture is what we make it. We make the rules on the future. We chose what’s the identity. Somali tradition and things are nice and everyone has a heritage and should be proud. But letting those things dictate how we proceed sounds retarded. Since the 1500s Other people have gone through imperialism, feudalism, capitalism and we want to base our future off nomads? Literally the stage before agriculture? How?
Thats revisionism. Its a new development to idealise the nomad. Yet most somalis have lived in cities for a while now.

We can simply skip all the steps and enter the modern technology era. Those who are educated know this already. We simply have to drag along the dhaqancelis uneducated crowd.

AhmedSmelly

I am an offical nacas. too honest
Lol fam most of Somalia’s income either comes from foreigners sending money home or charity from foreign countries. Isku xishood, it’s 2020 let not 1640

In puntland many family members are going back to europe because the government sold the business rights to Emirat. The problem with Somalia is civilians protecting their tyrannical government because of Qabil. Every business known to be profitable has been sold to foreigners from fishing to mining. Somalia needs a war for clean slate, like Rwanda. Not between Qabil, but between the government and the people.

Wallahi when the UN weapons embargo gets lifted. Puntland, Somaliland, Jubbaland wont be a thing. People who are independent praise Somalia(many sspot users). Compared to those are dependent on the government protecting their assets. Garowe and Bosasso isnt profitable as its used to be. Middel men are closing shop because of Emirat investment and shops, bankrupting their business.

Emirat is diversifying their assets in the case the oil runs out. We are going to be owned by arabs, our business or lands our ports. Now Ethiopia wants a piece of our ports. We really are rags

Thats revisionism. Its a new development to idealise the nomad. Yet most somalis have lived in cities for a while now.

We can simply skip all the steps and enter the modern technology era. Those who are educated know this already. We simply have to drag along the dhaqancelis uneducated crowd.
There was a video my cousin showed me from this man who was one of the first Somalis in university here in the US. This was back in the 1960s or 50s. He talked about returning home and becoming a leader and how difficult it was because he dealt with jahilnimo. As for the deqan celis idiolizing somalia it’s true. It’s been mythologized. The same way Somalis from Somalia have this weird view of the west

AhmedSmelly

There was a video my cousin showed me from this man who was one of the first Somalis in university here in the US. This was back in the 1960s or 50s. He talked about returning home and becoming a leader and how difficult it was because he dealt with jahilnimo. As for the deqan celis idiolizing somalia it’s true. It’s been mythologized. The same way Somalis from Somalia have this weird view of the west
you hit the spot. Ignorant people will always follow short sighted leaders. Protect them and idolize their behaviour. I lost hope, when most people accepted the status qou of Somalia because of peace. I would rather choose my God given rights over peace. f*ck peace. Who wants peace, when talking shit about Deni and Puntland can sentence you to 2 years in jail and 1000 dollar fine.

In puntland many family members are going back to europe because the government sold the business rights to Emirat. The problem with Somalia is civilians protecting their tyrannical government because of Qabil. Every business known to be profitable has been sold to foreigners from fishing to mining. Somalia needs a war for clean slate, like Rwanda. Not between Qabil, but between the government and the people.

Wallahi when the UN weapons embargo gets lifted. Puntland, Somaliland, Jubbaland wont be a thing. People who are independent praise Somalia(many sspot users). Compared to those are dependent on the government protecting their assets. Garowe and Bosasso isnt profitable as its used to be. Middel men are closing shop because of Emirat investment and shops, bankrupting their business.

Emirat is diversifying their assets in the case the oil runs out. We are going to be owned by arabs, our business or lands our ports. Now Ethiopia wants a piece of our ports. We really are rags
Why wasn’t there a follow up to the government aide that got caught with a bag full of UAE. Last I heard of it was that they wanted their money back. Wasn’t there suppose to be an investigation? Why don’t the locals take action? What are the local views on Arabs?

AhmedSmelly

Why wasn’t there a follow up to the government aide that got caught with a bag full of UAE. Last I heard of it was that they wanted their money back. Wasn’t there suppose to be an investigation? Why don’t the locals take action? What are the local views on Arabs?
There are no Arabs physically stealing their assets. So low iq tribalist dont take action. The government is doing the arabs bidding. Many Darood Sub Clans in Puntland are angry, really angry including Sub tribes of the ruling clan MJ. But they cant do anything, The government has paid spies over the whole country. Lands are being stolen from smaller Darood sub clans. Your own brother is going to snitch on you if you protest. Most people know the truth know. About our fishing rights being sold to other Companies.

Our Mountains infested with Al-shabab. I went there 2 years ago, and a foreign somali women was saying that the Al-shabab will go to a rural village. There they will be provided with a feast of 100+ animals. Most people not aware they are Al-shabab, because they have already been told they are on Puntland payroll. Everywhere you see Al-shabab, you will see mountains being mined. Airplanes going in and going out with Gold and Uranium. Al-shabab is protecting their boss assets. Now they have started hiring chinese, to bring in better equipments. Murder and arrests of rural people is being more widely spread all over puntland. They dont want any information getting out. They have called some places in puntland no-go zone.

The problem lies with people not wanting to start another war. Killing your own brother because he is in Deni's payroll. Same thing with Somaliland.

Puntland has started working with america, to kill insurgents. Using drone attacks, in the name of Al-shabab :jcoleno:.
USA believed that shit, because they dont discriminate against muslims. :francis:

Trending