What is Somali cultural food?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure they were, majority of Somalis were nomads, it's only the moqdishu area that settled down in cities
Zeila , Berbera , to name a few ,were all Somali urban settlements . There are also ancient settlements which were destroyed or the people were incorporated into other groups . Other more ancient cities included the costal cities in what is now known as Puntland . Somalis have always consisted of reer baadiye and reer magaal . The Ajuuraan dynasty ( their capital was Qalaafe ) was a classic example of that .

Most neighbouring countries have some similarities when it comes to culture and cuisine. As far as I'm concerned it is Somali cuisine. Somalia has traded with lots of countries so of course we will adopt some food from other countries.we simply changed it and made it our own. :manny:

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
But they had the most Urban centers. How can they be both nomads and also settled people in cities ? :camby:
before the british introduced corn and sourgam, they had no food source other than caano, hilib, and berries. my fathers family side used to buy corn and whole grains from ethiopia once in a while.

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
Most neighbouring countries have some similarities when it comes to culture and cuisine. As far as I'm concerned it is Somali cuisine. Somalia has traded with lots of countries so of course we will adopt some food from other countries.we simply changed it and made it our own. :manny:

Can you name some countries that has appropriated Somali food?

Madaxkuti

FieldMarshalMadaxkuti
:manny:

Somalis are not apart of the Arab world, and if you can read my bio says female. Stop giving away our indigenous food to Arabs who call you abeed. :susp:

"Arabs eat canjeero" kulaha :drakelaugh::drakelaugh::drakelaugh:
I never gave away anything and the cabeed stuff is for childish fools . In fact I corrected my error and said Afro Asiatic people . There is no proof as to where canjeelo originates . As I said before , variants of canjeelo are consumed from Yemen to Morroco to Ethiopia to Somalia . How do you know where it originates ? Waad iska hadli !

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
before the british introduced corn and sourgam, they had no food source other than caano, hilib, and berries. my fathers family side used to buy corn and whole grains from ethiopian once in a while.

Another lie on this thread, first a Somali tried to give canjeero away to the Arabs, now you are giving away Haruud? :damn:
The British never gave us Sorghum aka Haruud or Elmi Jama:gucciwhat: (real Somalis know what Im talking about)

Why are you all lying on our indigenous crops? The Sorghum we plant is indigenous to the Horn of Africa, nobody gave it to us . :susp:

Wallahi Somalis on this site are spreading mass misinformation and propaganda form their own ignorance. :damedamn:

This is so sad :kodaksmiley:

Last edited:

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
I never gave away anything and the cabeed stuff is for childish fools . In fact I corrected my error and said Afro Asiatic people . There is no proof as to where canjeelo originates . As I said before , variants of canjeelo are consumed from Yemen to Morroco to Ethiopia to Somalia . How do you know where it originates ? Waad iska hadli !

Yemenis don't eat Canjeero :chrisfreshhah:, stop giving away our food to Arabs you fucking cuck. :drakelaugh: Plus Canjeero originated in the Horn of Africa, the only people who deny this are racists and their coons :nahgirl:

Yemenis don't eat Canjeero :chrisfreshhah:,

Yes they Do . The word lahooh is most likely a Yemeni word. And variants of Canjeero or lahooh are found all the way to Morroco to India . I am stating facts , whereas you are babbling on with suugo - nationalistic nonsense !

stop giving away our food to Arabs you fucking cuck. :drakelaugh:

hooyada Cuck u sheeg , warya !

Plus Canjeero originated in the Horn of Africa, the only people who deny this

Can you proof where it originated ?

are racists and their coons :nahgirl:

Your dad is son of a coon , warya

Injera has been confirmed to have originated in Ethiopia. Fragments of the stove to cook it have been dated to 3000bce and the grain used to make it even longer. The food spread to Yemen with colonization by Ethiopians and eventually to the rest of the world.

For real, what is it? I bet in your household y'all have baris or basto everyday, and canjero for breakfast.We got the basto from Italian colonization, and baris from everywhere else. And can canjero from the Ethiopians. We have no cultural food. We cobyed others food. We switch between two dishes everyday. Shits sad. Even our celebration food such as xalwo was taken from reer xamar and barwanis. What did our ancestors eat before colonization?
I have to say I can't disagree

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
Laxooh is most likely a yemeni word

Most likely a Yemeni word for Laxooh? Their pidgin is heavily influenced by Somali, Laxooh is a Somali word, again stop giving away our fucking food for Arabs. There is no meaning for Laxooh in arabic at all. :gucciwhat:

If you look at actual traditionalist arab bedoiun food the shit is so lame, no wonder they started eating ours :ulyin:
I just might make a thread about our influences on the Arabs now in terms of food. To counter act your false bullshit :lolbron:

For real, what is it? I bet in your household y'all have baris or basto everyday, and canjero for breakfast.We got the basto from Italian colonization, and baris from everywhere else. And can canjero from the Ethiopians. We have no cultural food. We cobyed others food. We switch between two dishes everyday. Shits sad. Even our celebration food such as xalwo was taken from reer xamar and barwanis. What did our ancestors eat before colonization?
Are you saying reer xamar aren’t real Somalis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts