What is Somali cultural food?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For real, what is it? I bet in your household y'all have baris or basto everyday, and canjero for breakfast.We got the basto from Italian colonization, and baris from everywhere else. And can canjero from the Ethiopians. We have no cultural food. We cobyed others food. We switch between two dishes everyday. Shits sad. Even our celebration food such as xalwo was taken from reer xamar and barwanis. What did our ancestors eat before colonization?

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
We have tons of Somali cultural food, maybe your parents are just Qaxootis with no culture :ulyin:. I hate it when Somali people are quick to attribute our dishes to everyone else , like nobody else does that shit. Italians eat spaghetti but they never say they took that from China. So why are low class Somalis fake begging food that we had since day 1? :susp:

One of my fav dishes growing up was Moukbasa with the extra malab :banderas:Pure Somali dish that we gave to our subjects across the horn!

But you idiots want to say we have no Somali food because your parents were lazy and gave you baasto fax fax out of stale onions and ragu sauce. Low self esteem fucks:kodaksmiley:

1. Canjeelo was not copied from Ethiopians .Ethiopians have popularised the dish ,however they do not own the dish , heck even Indians know canjeelo. Canjeelo is an extremely ancient dish in the Arab world and variants of lahooh ( Yemeni /Northern Somali word ) or canjeero are found from Morroco to Yemen .

2.Baasto was being consumed in Muqdisho when Ibn Batuta visited in The Middle Ages .

3. Somalis have many cultural foods , some of which are ancient ( kimis or sabaayad ,for instance ) and are therefore very similar to other neighbouring peoples dishes . The fact that you are ignorant of these foods goes to show us that you are lazy , dead wood , self -loathing , good nothing -lawaseen . Study!

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
1. Canjeelo was not copied from Ethiopians .Ethiopians have popularised the dish . Canjeelo is an extremely ancient dish in the Arab world and variants of lahooh ( Yemeni /Northern Somali word ) or canjeero are found from Morroco to Yemen .

2.Baasto was being consumed in Muqdisho when Ibn Batuta visited in The Middle Ages .

3. Somalis have many cultural foods , some of which are ancient ( kimis or sabaayad ,for instance ) and are therefore very similar to other neighbouring peoples dishes . The fact that you are ignorant of these foods goes to show us that you are lazy , dead wood , self -loathing , good nothing -lawaseen . Study!

Canjeero is not an "ancient dish in the Arab world" stop spreading lies and propaganda. Arabs have no fucking food they eat snakes and fucking lice. If you are speaking about Yemenis, its been proven that nearly all of their dishes come from Somali influence, time and time again.
Do you think Arabs go online to talk about how they got all their food from Somalis? That's a hell no. So why give them airtime on a subject they have nothing to do with?

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
somalis were pure nomads. they were not people who ate food. They used to drink caano geel and eat wild berries and sometimes hilib.
many of my ancestors used milk and wild berries as a food source.

Well I'd rant too if I had to eat basto and baris on rotation :pachah1:
We do have cultural foods: some are originally ours while some we've adopted and added our own finishing touches to (yes that's allowed; French macarons really originate in Italy but you don't see them complaining)

Last edited:

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
somalis were pure nomads. they were not people who ate food. They used to drink caano geel and eat wild berries and sometimes hilib.
many of my ancestors used milk and wild berries as a food source.

Not all Somalis were nomads who lived in the desert.

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
What's moukbasa? Never heard of it and it doesn't even sound Somali

You never heard of it because you were not raised in knowing our traditional and old school Somali dishes. Don't take your own personal ignorance as a standard for all Somalis ! Moukbasa is like this square based hilib thing drizzled in malab.

Canjeero is not an "ancient dish in the Arab world" stop spreading lies and propaganda. Arabs have no fucking food they eat snakes and fucking lice. If you are speaking about Yemenis, its been proven that nearly all of their dishes come from Somali influence, time and time again.
Do you think Arabs go online to talk about how they got all their food from Somalis? That's a hell no. So why give them airtime on a subject they have nothing to do with?
I said Arab world , which would include Somalia /Somalis. I also specifically wrote from Morroco to Yemen . Thus, I didn't include the gulf and Sham people .

That said , I am not an arrogant man (unlike you Somali fools )and I am happy to say that I was wrong : canjeelo is an ancient Afro Asiatic dish .

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
Pretty sure they were, majority of Somalis were nomads, it's only the moqdishu area that settled down in cities

What the f*ck? :gucciwhat:

You are clearly not educated enough for us to have this conversation. :francis:

Somalia had more urban centers then any other country in the Horn of Africa historically, and even to this day, but all you know is "Mogadishu area"? :fantasia2:

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
I said Arab world , which would include Somalia /Somalis. I also specifically wrote from Morroco to Yemen . Thus, I didn't include the gulf and Sham people .

That said , I am not an arrogant man (unlike you Somali fools )and I am happy to say that I was wrong : canjeelo is an ancient Afro Asiatic dish .

Somalis are not apart of the Arab world, and if you can read my bio says female. Stop giving away our indigenous food to Arabs who call you abeed. :susp:

"Arabs eat canjeero" kulaha :drakelaugh::drakelaugh::drakelaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending