What is one thing you like about the Somali culture and one thing you dislike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I like is we have great folklore dances like dhaano, jaandheere, saylici etc.
One bad thing is qabil which was made to divide Somalis and also make some Somali retards think they have Arab lineages which really pisses me off. Has anyone noticed it's always the salafi Somalis who claim to have Arab blood.

Last edited:

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
I like the banter. I genuinely feel sorry for Somalis who can't speak Somali well cos they're missing out on fantastic humour and banter.

Dislike tribalism and extreme devotion to religion.

Gambar

VIP
I like the banter. I genuinely feel sorry for Somalis who can't speak Somali well cos they're missing out on fantastic humour and banter.

Dislike tribalism and extreme devotion to religion.
Yeah the kaftan is rather funny but those who don't have a good grasp of the language become easily offended by it. Somalis have quick wit.

Jeesto

VIP
I like the aroos ceremonies we have. Meher with sooryo, aroos with a big ass allebari the day after and xeedho with the traditional dances and folklore.
One thing i dislike is the adoption of salafism and how close minded people are to those who do not agree with that ideology.

The language, it's poeticness, kaftan, gabay and so on
The brotherhood between random somalis who meet
Dedication to Islam, every somali woman wears hijab and ever somali kid is xafid
the easy going ness
husband's are hardly ever abusive
Unsi

What I don't like:

Somalis are extremely judgemental of other somalis specifically.
they sometimes act like every somali person is a property of the somali ethnicity and should conform to a certain way

putting to much emphasis on outer parts of the deen, but will gladly engage in fraud and other vices

The nomad mentality, never feeling settled, going from place to place, not contributing

Putting emphasis on quantity over quality when it comes to family

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
Hidiyo iyo Dhaqan is the only thing good worth mentioning! Everything else is :trash:

What is one thing you like about the Somali culture and one thing you dislike?
I like how confident somali people are especially when it comes to the deen. Somali people practice the deen not caring about how gaalo people judge them.
What I dislike is tribalism. I also don't like when somali people especially parents compare kids not understanding that everyone is unique in some way.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Their love and devotion to the religion.
Sense of humor
Foooooooood
Respect for the elders
They don't take things to the heart.

I dislike the ceeb culture! How they label everything "ceeb"

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
dislike:
  • fgm(female genital mutilation)
  • tribalism
  • talking loud
like:
  • gabay(poetry)
  • the language
  • the somalinimo(brotherhood)
  • the women(even though i sometimes hate on ya'll i still got love for you guys:it0tdo8:)
  • the cunto(food)
  • traditional clothing(macawiis and shiet)
  • and last but not least the nomadic lifestyle(geelgirre gang )

-I like that many native Somali speakers appear to be extemporaneously articulate. They can speak at length without notes and their talk is engaging, dramatic, and witty. It's fantastic. Most English speakers cannot do that, regardless of their education level.

-I don't like the tribalism, cuqdad, and envy that seems to be so easy for Somalis to fall into (myself included).

Status
Not open for further replies.