What is mingis

Can someone explain what this is ?
I was watching mama maylun’s youtube video where she was dancing to mingis in garowe I believe, it looked like a pre Islamic somali exorcism I was really creeped out.
Does anyone in your family perform mingis?
It’s definitely something that’s haram the only valid treatment for possession is quran Saar

I also found this document that explains what it is roughly
DDD7D07D-9729-4FEC-9290-7270F9294B7C.jpeg

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Minigis is a tradition mainly practised by MJs and nothern eastern tribes, it revolves around a self proclaimed Sheikhs curing a Jinn possessed women, reading Quran and throwing a Sam Sam water from Saudi Arabia on them is how it mostly works, also chanting some gibberish words and doing other extra stuff for enhancement purposes are also performed and part of the act.

In Bossaso there is literary a Mingis spot on each corner and many sheikhs make a bank on this type of bussiness charging 10$ to 20$ on each session, most of the times some women could be dealing with mental issues and think they could be cured with a Mingis but fail.

Some sheikhs also take advantage of these mentally unstable women and from what I heard from unreliable sources get sexually molested by the same sheikhs that was supposed to cure them and do sixir on them to keep them coming back, in short Mingis is a scam and a superstitious practice that should be banned.

Last edited:

Qali

Certified Pimp.
Minigis is a tradition mainly practised by MJs mostly and nothern eastern tribes, it revolves around a self proclaimed Sheikhs curing a Jinn possessed women, reading Quran and throwing a Sam Sam water from Saudi Arabia on them is how it mostly works, also chanting some gibberish words and doing other extra stuff for enhancement purposes are also performed and part of the act.

In Bossaso there is literary a Mingis spot on each corner and many sheikhs make a bank on this type of bussiness charging 10$ to 20$ on each session, most of the times some women could be dealing with mental issues and think they could be cured with a Mingis but fail.

Some sheikhs also take advantage of these mentally unstable women and from what I heard from unreliable sources get sexually molested by the same sheikhs that was supposed to cure them and do sixir on them to keep them coming back, in short Mingis is a scam and a superstitious practice that should be banned.
Do they throw Quran water at you? :gucciwhat:

Manafesto

VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Do they throw Quran water at you? :gucciwhat:

No Sam Sam water, they claim the water is imported from Saudi Arabia and the Haj and charge you 10$ for a bottle but it is actually a tap water.:pachah1:

Manafesto

VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Looool I swear I seen something like dis happen when I was in the masjid

They do it in Minnesota,Ohio and probably Toronto but they keep it on the low since it's illegal, there is special perfume necessary to perform this superstitious act and once you smell that particular odor you know you are dealing with a Mingis client or a performer, it started as an only MJ scammer's gig and now it's mainstream. :damn:

Manafesto

VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
I’d be traumatised for life :deadpeter:
I couldn’t even watch the YouTube video on it, I was literally watching it without sound

Did you watch the video I posted all the way to 3:43 when the sheikh dresses the boy like a girl? :dead:

Trending