What is known about T-Y3824 in the HOA(Dec. of Y3781, Y15127, CTS2214)?

Hi. Ethiopian here. On my fathers side I am Amhara/ Bet Israel. Posting here because yall are the most well versed in T haplogroup imo
I posted here a long time ago, but recently was given my Y DNA and it updated to T-Y3824, from the earlier CTS2214

I thought I would be under Y15711, like other non Somali HOAs, but I am not. I did not see any other HOA with the same haplogroup. I am a bit annoyed because CTS2214 is already not common in my area, and now all the people I see with my updated haplogroup are Arabs and Mediterraneans. What does this mean? That the people in my haplogroup are rare and not tested as much?

It looks like this:

CTS2214>Y15127>Y3781>Y3824

Last edited:
Hi. Ethiopian here. On my fathers side I am Amhara/ Bet Israel. Posting here because yall are the most well versed in T haplogroup imo
I posted here a long time ago, but recently was given my Y DNA and it updated to T-Y3824, from the earlier CTS2214

I thought I would be under Y15711, like other non Somali HOAs, but I am not. I did not see any other HOA with the same haplogroup. I am a bit annoyed because CTS2214 is already not common in my area, and now all the people I see with my updated haplogroup are Arabs and Mediterraneans. What does this mean? That the people in my haplogroup are rare and not tested as much?

It looks like this:

I assume this is your branch? Why don’t you take a big Y test? Your branch looks Mediterranean & Arabian in nature. I see bunch of southern Arabians testing positive for it.

Last edited:

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
Looks Sephardic Jewish or Italian Jewish

Edit: it could be Arabian, didn’t realize there were more subclades.

What was your 23andme results?

Also haplogroup T has a presence in Ethiopia but it’s pretty low, like around 5%, also Arabs are really over represented when it comes to Y dna testing so there’s probably a lot more Ethiopians with your clade but just haven’t taken the test

Awdalite

Araabi

It looks like this:

Take the Big Y. Also are you Amhara or Beta Israel? How would you describe your paternal lineage because Beta Israel are Agew.

What was your 23andme results?

Also haplogroup T has a presence in Ethiopia but it’s pretty low, like around 5%, also Arabs are really over represented when it comes to Y dna testing so there’s probably a lot more Ethiopians with your clade but just haven’t taken the test
100% Ethiopian

Take the Big Y. Also are you Amhara or Beta Israel? How would you describe your paternal lineage because Beta Israel are Agew.
My paternal lineage is Beta Israel from what I know, my grandpa did marry out though from what I was told. My dads side also makes big claims loll so I can’t verify if this is true. My dad used to say we came from Israel 😭💀so I never took anything he’s said seriously about any of this