What is it with Americans and creating random slang

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
Like tf is based? I keep hearing this all the time from bored Americans like what does that even mean

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
That’s not even slang, literally no one says that irl. It’s just an internet thing

it's just a newer form of saying something is "cool".

"groovy!"
"far out, man!"
"radical"
"cool"
"based"

all the same in essence but arising from different generations and their times

it kind of is overdue for "cool" to be replaced with a newer slang term (now it's "based")........

"cool" is very old.... but I just want "groovy" to make a comeback. I want to be able to go around and describe people and things as "groovy" but people won't take it seriously if I start trying to bring back "groovy". I wonder if this is by accident or if the Zionists deliberately killed "groovy".

Apollo

VIP
Based is not even a new slang. Kind of old and used for several years now.

People also rarely use this word in real life, it is internet slang for ''doesn't give a f*ck/goes against the mainstream opinion''.

It's really popular with 4chaners/alt-right types

It started with them, but now it has branched off and is even used by lefties. Even pepe started with them and now is also used by lefties.

You Canuck niggas have some good slang. Mandem, ting and all dat. I see you, niggas. I see you.

:sass2:
Lool thanks to the Jamaican influence, they make up most of the blacks here. Only use it to code-switch when conversing with other blacks (including Somalis) so you don't stick out like a pretentious tool.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Lool thanks to the Jamaican influence, they make up most of the blacks here. Only use it to code-switch when conversing with other blacks (including Somalis) so you don't stick out like a pretentious tool.

Any Geeljire influences on the slang? I heard there was some but nothing comes to mind right now.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
A few "Say Wallahi" "Bakhti=drug addict lol" "Habbad" "Kawal=trick someone"

"Wallahi fam, me and the mandems are gonna go holla at some Asian tings at the club tonight." we both know you've uttered that sentence before, saxiib.

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
“Based” is originally a Bay Area slang for being authentic and not caring about what others think, rapper lil b was the first to make the slang more widespread before the alt-right started using it

Trending

Latest posts