What is it like flying out of Hargeisa airport?

I am leaving later today, flying out of Hargeisa airport for the first time, and I was curious what it's like and the whole process.

First of all is it true the counter at the airport will print the actual ticket with the boarding pass? Secondly are there scales to weigh your bags there? Thanks in advance!

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah ta’aala is always in our favor.
How did you go to Hargeisa in the first place? Yes last time I went (2018) they printed it! I’m not sure if you’re able to scale your own bag seperately though… but they will scale it when you’re checking in of course. Idk how it is now but the best way to describe Hargeisa Airport = gaajo. The amount of times you have to pass security is insane and the way they check you and your bags is crazy. So unprofessional.

How did you go to Hargeisa in the first place? Yes last time I went (2018) they printed it! I’m not sure if you’re able to scale your own bag seperately though… but they will scale it when you’re checking in of course. Idk how it is now but the best way to describe Hargeisa Airport = gaajo. The amount of times you have to pass security is insane and the way they check you and your bags is crazy. So unprofessional.

I've landed before in Hargeisa airport but never flown out of it, thanks for the info!

Last question, when you flew from Hargeisa last with Ethiopian Airlines, did you have to check in your bags a second time at Addis Ababa?

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I am leaving later today, flying out of Hargeisa airport for the first time, and I was curious what it's like and the whole process.

First of all is it true the counter at the airport will print the actual ticket with the boarding pass? Secondly are there scales to weigh your bags there? Thanks in advance!
lol that’s exactly what I’m thinking. I bought a round ticket and they’re supposed to be printing my boarding pass there when I’m leaving this september.

My brother has done it a bunch of times and he reassured me so I’m not too worried.

Hargeisa airport is so disorganized lmao, a complete shit show
lmao, I hate the airport as much as the next guy believe me, but I don’t think it was that bad. At least not the arrival. The departure might be a completely different story though. We’ll see.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
arrival is pretty smooth, you get off the airplane, wait in line at immigration, shouldn’t take more than 15 mins depending on how busy. They make you do finger prints and ask for passport. Afterwards you have to go pay $60 and then you do baggage claim. It’s just a room full of bags, you can’t steal the bags so you don’t have to worry about that.

There’s a guard in front of the exit who asks for your little thing they give you at the airport to show it’s your bag. Normally they should scan the thingie you have and the receipt on the bag, but they just manually check if the numbers are the same lmao.

From there there should be someone to pick you up from the airport.

oh, and at the baggage claim there’s a guy in a booth who will give you a free sim card, even if you don’t get it from him it only costs $1 outside the airport. Cell service is extremely cheap in Somalia.

arrival is pretty smooth, you get off the airplane, wait in line at immigration, shouldn’t take more than 15 mins depending on how busy. They make you do finger prints and ask for passport. Afterwards you have to go pay $60 and then you do baggage claim. It’s just a room full of bags, you can’t steal the bags so you don’t have to worry about that.

There’s a guard in front of the exit who asks for your little thing they give you at the airport to show it’s your bag. Normally they should scan the thingie you have and the receipt on the bag, but they just manually check if the numbers are the same lmao.

From there there should be someone to pick you up from the airport.

oh, and at the baggage claim there’s a guy in a booth who will give you a free sim card, even if you don’t get it from him it only costs $1 outside the airport. Cell service is extremely cheap in Somalia.
Very informative, sounds pretty easy actually. Btw is this your first time back? How you like it so far?

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Very informative, sounds pretty easy actually. Btw is this your first time back? How you like it so far?
I’m enjoying my stay a lot, there’s food and cheap food everywhere lol. Somalis love their restaurants.

I especially get to meet so much family which is nice. The last time I went was nearly a decade ago so many of my uncles and aunts who saw me last time gave birth to their own kids so I got to meet my cousins for the first time. Everyone knows my brother because he constantly goes back, so I feel kind of like a broken record having to constantly tell people I’m blank’s younger brother lol.

The people are all welcoming too, hargeisa residents are not bedows or anything and are very used to qurbajoog coming to the city so you don’t have to worry about annoying stuff like people trying to scam you or harassing you.

Trending