What in the world are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@sophisticate u think of me as a grim reaper?
giphy.gif

Sxb :gucciwhat:

Are you human or are you a dancer?

Sophie

"human or a dancer"?

I would like to believe that I'm both just like the two sides of the same coin. As a mortal person, I'm human and at the same token, I'm a dancer because I see myself as possessing other forms of spirituality that enables me to see things differently than most here. Yes, I'm both, a human as a mortal person and as a dancer with a fluctuating moral compass via reason.

I wonder if @sophisticate was the real life model of Nuruddin Farah's shape shifting female character in the novel Secrets. Anyone else know who I'm talking about? She was a real she-devil. I forget her name, but she was married to a Moroccan ajnabi guy and her Somali brother was a flaming homosexual. Probably because she slept with him as a kid. She could assume the form of any object or person, and would make the lead male character drink her menses. Jesus Christ. She was totally off the wall. Then later she tried to rape the guy's old and decrepit father in his bed. Poor guy was too blind to know who was sucking his ceeb. I've stood in terror of shape shifters ever since.

I really hope Sophisticate has not done similar things. May Allah protect us from her evil.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Sophie

"human or a dancer"?

I would like to believe that I'm both just like the two sides of the same coin. As a mortal person, I'm human and at the same token, I'm a dancer because I see myself as possessing other forms of spirituality that enables me to see things differently than most here. Yes, I'm both, a human as a mortal person and as a dancer with a fluctuating moral compass via reason.

:wow1: I wasn't expecting a deep response. Or a delving into the subject of mortality vis-a-vis morality. Fascinating.

I wonder if @sophisticate was the real life model of Nuruddin Farah's shape shifting female character in the novel Secrets. Anyone else know who I'm talking about? She was a real she-devil. I forget her name, but she was married to a Moroccan ajnabi guy and her Somali brother was a flaming homosexual. Probably because she slept with him as a kid. She could assume the form of any object or person, and would make the lead male character drink her menses. Jesus Christ. She was totally off the wall. Then later she tried to rape the guy's old and decrepit father in his bed. Poor guy was too blind to know who was sucking his ceeb. I've stood in terror of shape shifters ever since.

I really hope Sophisticate has not done similar things. May Allah protect us from her evil.

What you described is a devil incarnate, probably of English extraction, like the wayward poet Lord Byron.

:wow1: I wasn't expecting a deep response. Or a delving into the subject of mortality vis-a-vis morality. Fascinating.

What you described is a devil incarnate, probably of English extraction, like the wayward poet Lord Byron.
No, pretty sure she was a US citizen now that I think about it. You should give that novel a go. It's really something.

Byron was much defamed I gather. Is it really true he banged his sister? God help us when Lords are breaking the Commandments of the Lord.

Sophie

"human or a dancer"?

What you describe is the Christian idea of Christ's divided self, between his human nature and his divine nature. The idea is that when he died on the cross, the human Christ was dead, but not the divine. So congratulations saxib, you just converted to Christianity.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I'll say shoot me and put an end to this identity crisis I'm cursed with

At such point, it flees into the shadows. It couldn't pull the trigger on a willing participant. :gucciwhat:

I'm me that's all there is to it :p

:hillarybiz: Is your name 'Me'? Or are you referring to a personal pronoun?

No, pretty sure she was a US citizen now that I think about it. You should give that novel a go. It's really something.

Byron was much defamed I gather. Is it really true he banged his sister? God help us when Lords are breaking the Commandments of the Lord.

That novel's description is enough to give someone PTSD.

Lord was merely a title. He was a sadist that was both morally and physically decrepit.

At such point, it flees into the shadows. It couldn't pull the trigger on a willing participant. :gucciwhat:

:hillarybiz: Is your name 'Me'? Or are you referring to a personal pronoun?

That novel's description is enough to give someone PTSD.

Lord was merely a title. He was a sadist that was both morally and physically decrepit.
A bit rough on Lord B aren't you? I like the nigga. He stood for progressive ideals. Not a bad poet either, if a bit long winded. He took Shelley under his wing, and his wife Mary too, author of Frankenstein, and daughter of the celebrated feminist Mary Wollstonecraft. Aren't you meant to be a sophisticate?

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
A bit rough on Lord B aren't you? I like the nigga. He stood for progressive ideals. Not a bad poet either, if a bit long winded. He took Shelley under his wing, and his wife Mary too, author of Frankenstein, and daughter of the celebrated feminist Mary Wollstonecraft. Aren't you meant to be a sophisticate?

I can still dislike an individual's characteristics while appreciating their work. Lord Byron had a dysfunctional relationship with women; he was also cruel and manipulative to them, as well. He probably channelled Don Juan. If you put that to the side, he wasn't too shabby.

I can still dislike an individual's characteristics while appreciating their work. Lord Byron had a dysfunctional and manipulative relationship with women. He probably channelled Don Juan. If you put that to the side, he wasn't too shabby.
So you reckon Don Juan was autobiographical. Yes, precisely my suspicion. Byron had a club foot. Of course he had to fall back on trickery to get laid. When was the last time a xalimo slept with a jiis? Hell, I can barely get madax ever since I lost the fur on my head. Typical of women to play the victim.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
So you reckon Don Juan was autobiographical. Yes, precisely my suspicion. Byron had a club foot. Of course he had to fall back on trickery to get laid. When was the last time a xalimo slept with a jiis? Hell, I can barely get madax ever since I lost the fur on my head. Typical of women to play the victim.

Good point, having a disability back then was a challenge. It still can't excuse his deviance, though I'm sure it trickled into his writing. Artistry is insanity or was that great artists are often insane? I can't remember.:manny:

What you describe is the Christian idea of Christ's divided self, between his human nature and his divine nature. The idea is that when he died on the cross, the human Christ was dead, but not the divine. So congratulations saxib, you just converted to Christianity.

Bidaar

The idea preceded Christ and mine, though modified has its roots to the mysticism in early Chinese Quanzhen Daoism. The “split or divided self” simply means the physical existence and the positive contributions one has to make towards society and most importantly towards his environment. As a result of this, the person and the dancer are connected as one.

Good point, having a disability back then was a challenge. It still can't excuse his deviant ways, though I'm sure it trickled over into his writing material. Artistry is insanity or was that great artists are more than often insane? I can't remember.:manny:
I wouldn't know a thing about artists and their art abaayo. I've never read a book in my life. I'm still working through my ESL class. Today we studied the difference between "too" and "two". Very challenging for old timers with onset dementia

Bidaar

The idea preceded Christ and mine, though modified has its roots to the mysticism in early Chinese Quanzhen Daoism. The “split or divided self” simply means the physical existence and the positive contributions one has to make towards society and most importantly towards his environment. As a result of this, the person and the dancer are connected as one.
Major scholarship right here folks. Nigga's talking about Taoism, mysticism, and all kinds of historical shit. Respect to you, brother. You will go far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending