What I Will Do For Puntland

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I've said this for years and I haven't seen any movement on it.

I would immediately set up a PL museum, PL Art Gallery, PL theater for exciting weekly riwayads, what is a country without facilities and open access to its culture. I would demand also a botanic garden and bring all sorts of trees, plants, flowers locally and globally and host yearly functions.

I would demand PL learn from Australia on how it has botanic gardens in all it's major city, in every bustling city you need a forest retreat. We could hold PL retreats and summits there.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
We need public monuments for all our great homegrown patriots and also design public buildings following old architecture imagine puntitequeen seeing this barxad converted as a blue print design for a PL theater

Or just imagine imagine the nomadic aqal design implemented in the PL museum building. We lack a proud people putting their cultural foot print on important building design. All Somalis would be so proud to be among puntites.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
We need a mixed approach where we conserve heritage buildings, use ancient art themes for important cultural buildings not just focus on outdoor tourism, you known how sad it is for Kenya? ppl visit their safari parks and animals as that's their major attraction not their culture because they don't even see any point to honor it let alone present it. But places like land of Punt, Sahel, Horn, Ancient Sudan are places with an old society and culture and they must preserve it and present it.

We need land marks, monuments to great heros of the past, war memorial for Italy war, darawish war, siyad barre and usc massacres, we need to also present ancient punt and it's great age in many important building designs.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
You should be an advisor in Puntland!

I would create a new xafaad like amal estate dedicated as a cultural precinct centre and host immediately all cultural events there. I would have a PL National Library and Archives, Museum, Art Gallery, Theater, Science/Tech hub.

I would demand building design will be done through a competitive round among our artists but I would demand either an ancient somali, classical islamic, or modern contemporary themes and let the best man win the design contest for the precinct and relevant buildings in the zone.

I would like to see our first place of entertainment will be our cherished cultural precinct zone bustling with Somali local tourists and foreigners to study the history of PL people. I would make sure the precinct is a large zone like our govt zoned area, so other cultural iconic buildings can be done there in the future.

I would demand the public works office get of its ass and start monitoring and setting up building codes and standards needing to be met by all existing or new residential, commercial, industrial buildings. Residential, Commercial, Industrial must have different building codes.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Puntitequeen ma nixi waan naxarista keliya, I would lay out big fines on our market areas failing to meet commercial codes and standards, same with any residential xafaad who's area or buildings are not meeting residential building standards. I would do the same for industrial zone and haul out all factories towards its own zone and have my inspectors go in and begin fines for violations.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
One of our biggest goals should be to plant trees everywhere and to revive the nugaal river

We need to stabilize the weather and climate first which means trees have to be scattered around every region coastal, urban, rural areas and forests need to form. Once the weather is stable and predictable can we discuss restoring river system. What's the point of restoring rivers it if it will be lost to evaporation due to drought. We must combat drought first.

We need to be careful about hawiyenimo because unlike what most ppl think that it is a clan insult it's not. A hawiyenimo is an idea rooted in 91, where the subscribers believe in clan chaos, anarchy, looting, and no rule of law or any functioning state. Any clan can have pockets of hawiyenimo in them and isn't just primarily the hawiye clan. We must weed out these internal hawiyenimo within PL who will be more then happy to destroy everything due to not winning a position or contract. Hawiyenimo is the most dangerous idealogy in mankind and I stand up and call it out.

Last edited: