What happened to the male hair culture in Somalia

You look at videos and photos from the 90s and everyone has big afros and long hair. What happened?

nowadays, if you aren’t walking around with a buzz cut, you get looked at badly

SonOfMaverick

"I don’t live in darkness, darkness lives in me."
saturday night live snl GIF

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I went to a Galkacyo with an Afro in 2017 and my relatives were genuinely scared for me wallahi.

They were asking me to cut the hair so I don’t get in trouble wallahi.

I was only in Galkacyo for two days during that trip but my family were genuinely worried.

Kratos

Sonder
I went to a Galkacyo with an Afro in 2017 and my relatives were genuinely scared for me wallahi.

They were asking me to cut the hair so I don’t get in trouble wallahi.

I was only in Galkacyo for two days during that trip but my family were genuinely worried.
lmaoo I had a similar experience. I went to Somalia for the first time a few years ago and my mum made me shave my head down to a number 2 all over. Funny thing is when I went there I saw lots of guys who grew out their hair and people with fades I was like wtf hooyo

My funniest experience with the sland gov is when muse bixi just got elected and the thing he does was get soldiers to cut kids hair on the street. In my mind i was like is that really your priority??

They'd burn you alive in Burco if you have an Afro. :mjpls:

:ohhh:

This reminds me of a story I heard about a guy that left the safety and comfort of the West and got whipped in South Sudan for wearing tight jeans.

Africa is one hell of a continent.

:mjlol::mjcry:

I had to edit after being suddenly struck with a bout of dyslexia.

:pachah1:

Last edited:

GemState

36/21
VIP
Apparently it's edeb daaro to have a hairstyle that's not a buzzcut, got told that all the time by relatives in somalia, yet I see niggas that have the craziest hairstyles in somalia on tiktok rn, so I think i got lied to

Trending

Latest posts