What Happened to the Laboqibla Mosque?

jWLEKW.jpg

It dates back to the 7th century and is the first masjid in Somalia, but why does it look so ruined? There’s no information online about its deterioration so I’m wondering if any of you have some oral tradition about it

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
it got destroyed during the civil war when Gadabuursi, Cisse, and Isaaq played battle royal in Awdal. this is what it used to look like before the late 80's

440px-Zayla.jpg

laakin, locals semi rebuilt the building. it looks like this now.

img_1410-jpg.37019

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
What two qiblas? I thought there was only one.
This Masjid has two Qiblas, one towards Jerusalem(Original) and another towards Makkah(added after the Hijra of the Prophet pbuh)

This Masjid was built while the Prophet pbuh was still in Makkah. We Somalis became Muslims before Quraysh and all the other arabs

it got destroyed during the civil war when Gadabuursi, Cisse, and Isaaq played battle royal in Awdal. this is what it used to look like before the late 80's

440px-Zayla.jpg

laakin, locals semi rebuilt the building. it looks like this now.

img_1410-jpg.37019

It should be maintained properly just like the tomb in maydh. I heard that the mayor's family looks after the tomb of Isaaq. Saylac,bulhar and maydh are probably the most historic cities in SL including quljeed.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
[
i still
It should be maintained properly just like the tomb in maydh. I heard that the mayor's family looks after the tomb of Isaaq. Saylac,bulhar and maydh are probably the most historic cities in SL including quljeed.
berbera is also very ancient, it dates back to the 1st century ad along with saylac.

cool fact: maydh is also the home to the tomb of wadaad cisse.

sheikh-issa-shrine-maydh-somaliland-somalia-C4BJ65.jpg

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
jWLEKW.jpg

It dates back to the 7th century and is the first masjid in Somalia, but why does it look so ruined? There’s no information online about its deterioration so I’m wondering if any of you have some oral tradition about it
Don't we have the technology to repair and restore ancient buildings yet? i would rebuild them exactly how they looked like when they were first built and innovate some new designs.

:damedamn:

Trending

Latest posts